Ringtones for iPhone 3Gs.

Drew.

Eats Squid
1st; i don't know if what i'm about to ask is wrong/illegal, i don't assume it is myself because a lot of my songs have been brought on CD, etc so i don't feel it's wrong.

But anyway, i got an iPhone today, and i was curious to know if anyone on here can help me out as to putting music as a ringtone? I've done google searches and got a couple sites, but the method they all say never work for me??? Has anyone successfully done this? I operate on a Mac, too, if that makes any difference?

Thanks guys,
Drew.

Drew.

Eats Squid
Yeah man, as much as I love their product, some 'usually' simple stuff is just a pain in the arse!

notso

Likes Dirt
www.audiko.net

allows you do download any song in ringtone format (MP4R) from their huge library.
If the song's not there, just upload one yourself, cut it online, then re-download it in ringtone format.

Once it's downloaded it will sync with your itunes.

Schwoita!

Steve's_Sky1

Likes Dirt
while were on the topic of custom ringtones, anyone done custom sms tones? i'm pretty sure i can be done but alot of fidling around

JSPhoto

Likes Bikes and Dirt
downloaded a program for ringtones, it's called iringer, does everything for you, just have to sync ringtones next time you plug your phone in.

As for SMS tones, you have to jailbreak your phone, you need to access it's main files and just rename the music file to the same as a default file and replace it, it's fidly and a pain, and it's just a sound, so I really can't be bothered myself :p

eyes

Likes Bikes and Dirt
or you can get a windows phone like i did best thing i ever brought

hp ipaq data messenger epic god damn win!
Until is crashes and your alarm doesn't go off for a flight... or first day at a new job...

Both of which happened to me when using HTC with Windows mobile... it sucks a big one...

Tomas

my mum says im cool
Only apple could make a medial task like using a custom ringtone that difficult.
As far as im concerned, the less people running around with shithouse expressions of their personal taste as ringtones the better. If you want to choose a ring tone, choose the sound of a phone ringing.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
www.audiko.net

allows you do download any song in ringtone format (MP4R) from their huge library.
If the song's not there, just upload one yourself, cut it online, then re-download it in ringtone format.

Once it's downloaded it will sync with your itunes.

Schwoita!
Yep! This is the one I was talking about earlier! You rule Notso for finding it!:D

mrcurlyhead

Likes Dirt
Until is crashes and your alarm doesn't go off for a flight... or first day at a new job...

Both of which happened to me when using HTC with Windows mobile... it sucks a big one...

always has worked for me i trust HP would never get a HTC phone don't like them my phone is always accurate and never stuffed up on me once always been good to me and the windows phones are much easier to use IMO