RIP Dude.... Shit way to go!

Jpez

Down on the left!
Snip - While in steady decline, accidents are still frequent during the French hunting season. According to the national hunting and wildlife agency ONCFS, 115 people were injured in hunting accidents in the year to 1 June 2018. Thirteen died of their injuries, including three people who were not involved in a hunt.-snip

Unbelievable......

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Poor guy, thats a terrible thing to hear.
With no intention of opening an old wound on the forums, recreational hunting can get fucked. Guns can get fucked. Buy a Playstation and shoot imaginary shit on screen.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
That's worse than the yanks pulling guns on each other on the trails, at least you have some warning.

slowmick

38-39"
that's really shit. I doubt many people would give a thought to being killed by hunters while riding their bike.

moorey

call me Mia
Poor guy, thats a terrible thing to hear.
With no intention of opening an old wound on the forums, recreational hunting can get fucked. Guns can get fucked. Buy a Playstation and shoot imaginary shit on screen.
Anyone who calls hunting a sport..and that includes many close friends on and off Farkin...is always going to leave me scratching my head and agreeing to disagree with.
I’m not getting drawn into an argument with anyone about this.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Anyone who calls hunting a sport..and that includes many close friends on and off Farkin...is always going to leave me scratching my head and agreeing to disagree with.
I’m not getting drawn into an argument with anyone about this.
Of course it is a sport, as long as you are hunting lions wearing only a loin cloth and wielding a plastic butter knife. Or the prey are armed too.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Whatever you think of hunting [ I dont think it is a sport but necessary traditionally for survival } it is clear that 20 + year olds are a bit impulsive and shouldnt have a licence.
Most of the hunting "accidents" around where I live involve alcohol + 20yo males.

Minlak

custom titis
Not opening a hunting debate but to put some perspective on the incident. In Europe it’s popular to drive animals with dogs and people beating the bush and the hunters are set up in shooting lanes. These lanes are essentially small openings in the forest where you get a very brief glimpse of the game running past. Shots need to be quick and accurate and often the game is coming straight at you and can kill you if it gets to you. He did not identify his target and this is the result but he would have been on knife edge looking for any movement to shoot.
Hunting is also very different to shooting.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I love a good hunting session. Animals darting everywhere, shots flying in desperate effort for the kill, big trophy bucks, skins, meat, smack talking with the crew...thats fucking living!

images (3).jpeg
images (2).jpeg
download.jpeg

crowash

Likes Dirt
I hunt occasionally and I Mountain Bike. I think one of the things people who are against hunting don't consider is that many hunters (in Australia anyway) hunt for meat and reduce the number of introduced species damaging ecosystems. I still remember the first time I bought rabbits I'd shot home for my kids to eat, it was a weird feeling. The only hunters I've ever been out with take an animals life with respect and make sure they use as much of the animal as possible. Every time you eat meat you are in some way responsible for taking an animals life, it's a big thing to be involved in that yourself and I don't regard it as a sport. Also, the only way to reduce feral numbers without firearms is through baiting, anyone whose ever seen an animal die of 1080 poisoning wouldn't wish a death like that on anyone or anything... its awful.

A horrible thing to happen and whilst there aren't any details its reasonable to assume that this hunter didn't have the proper training to use a firearm. Better training and tighter gun laws to get rid of the dickheads gets my vote.