ritchey p27.5 - build thread - my first mtb

Gene

Squid
sweet so I've started this build pretty much knowing nothing about MTB's I've raced track and road for around 3-4 years, and before that ridden my bike around as a loose as fixie kid.

I've been meaning to get a MTB for a couple of years, but the store i ride with deals fuji and just haven't been that keen buy anything they've been bringing over mtb wise.

but my lady knows me well and after building up a Ritchey logic roadie a year ago I've been dreaming of a P-27.5, and for my birthday i woke up to a Ritchey box at the end of my bed, it was pretty sweet.

so I've got pretty much everything except for wheels sorted, and apart from the small components all my decisions have been based of reading this forum so i thought i should put something back in, so heres my build so far

Frame : Ritchey P27.5
Fork : X fusion velvet - black - 15mm through axel - with a remote for lock out(not sure if i'll run it but i figured i'll never know if i don't try it)

Drive Train : 1x10 XT with a shadow plus RD - black
Chainring : wolftooth 32t N/W blue, w/ red bolts
Brakes: XT -black

Seat : Sellie italia flite, team edition
Seat post : Ritchy WCS alloy, white
Stem : Ritchy WCS alloy, white
Bars : 3T risers , team carbon - i had these on my street fixie a few years ago, and i wasn't gonna splash out on new carbon riz0r's just so they said ritchey on them
Grips : Ritchy WCS lock on

Wheels : this is where you guys come in again

atm I'm thinking ZTR crest, laced to hope/c.king/white industries/philwood/tune

i don't mind spending a bit on good hubs as i see it as a one off purchase, but they should be worth the cost

so what do you guys think? ideas?

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've got some carbon bars that say ritchey on them and probably some ritchey spacers, if you want them cheap

will20b

Squid
atm I'm thinking ZTR crest, laced to hope/c.king/white industries/philwood/tune
I've heard lots of good things about Hope hubs. I built up Stans Arch EX's laced to Chris King hubs and I can't fault them. I also looked at Tune, but hadn't heard too much about their MTB hubs so err'd on the side of caution. I don't think you could go wrong with either Hope or King.

sbr511

Likes Dirt
I've heard lots of good things about Hope hubs. I built up Stans Arch EX's laced to Chris King hubs and I can't fault them. I also looked at Tune, but hadn't heard too much about their MTB hubs so err'd on the side of caution. I don't think you could go wrong with either Hope or King.
Just wait for Acko to see this and lecture you on how great they are....

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Just wait for Acko to see this and lecture you on how great they are....
I've owned hope, king, mavic, dt Swiss, American classic and tune hubs...

Bang for buck I'd go hope.
Don't mind heavy but bomb proof and bling Chris king.
Avoid mavic like the plague.
American Classic miss the boat on engagement.
Tune and Dt Swiss 240s are my favorite.
Tune are lighter, come in more colours than hope and the bearings are really smooth....
Easily adaptable like hope for axles and freehubs.
Bit on the pricey side but comparable to DT and King.

Also worth a look are industry 9 or Kappius if you have really deep pockets.

Last edited: