Rituals and Habits.

conor.1

Genetic Throwback
Ok, quick search revealed nothing.

I am interested if anyone else has a weird ritual or habit they have. Be it in a sporting game/riding/everyday life.

I have a habit of hitting the 5m flags everytime i walk past them at work. It means nothing, but it is just a reaction to hit them as i walk past. As well as hit the top of the door of the change room on my way out to the hockey field.

So share if you wish, i am rather interested. And if you have a reason/belief behind it, please share that to.

Conor.

sam705

Likes Dirt
Before i go onto the footy field, i hit the top of the door as there is a sign there saying M.A.T.E, meaning Meet At The End.

No doubt more will come to mind.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Every tuesday night I masturbate over my ex.

I know it's sick but she's a heavy sleeper and I still have her house key.

shamelessly ripped from farkins very own jokes thread

I have a habit of stacking in the most useless, pathetic way, and it hurting more than any epic high speed stack I've ever been in.

For instance, theres this one stretch of fire road in the national park, dead flat, no rocks or anything. I've stacked twice to a dropped chain and each time hurt more than it should've.

I also routinely checking my email address whenever I log onto my computer, without fail, even if I've checked two hours earlier.

Fixie God

Likes Dirt
These are my obsessive compulsive habits, but whatever.....

When I hang out the washing, the pegs on each item have to be the same colour, no matter what.

And, everything on my desk at home has to be fairly straight, otherwise it annoys me.

Bit weird, but everyone has their OCD momnets

instinct

Likes Dirt
And, everything on my desk at home has to be fairly straight, otherwise it annoys me.
+1
Taking a shit before I go riding, dunno why I do this, I've never had to shit while out riding but I seem to get the "nervous style shits" while I'm waiting for someone to come pick me up or something.
Tightening my helmet, I have one of those "push together" style retentioners on the back of my half hat, before a run I'll push it in till its tight, it has to be at the exact same "tightness" before I can start riding.
Knee pads also have to be at the right "tightness", I'm constantly adjusting the Velcro before I start riding and then when I finish a run the urge goes away.
School bag - My zips are always done up fully.
Keyboard always needs to be at the same place on the desk or my typing ends up coming out retarded.
My seat always needs to be at the same hight.
My phone always needs to be on its charger, unless I'm out.
Shoes and boots always need to be as tight as possible without cutting off circulation.

I'll think of more later...

Last edited:

'Ross

Eats Squid
If Im sitting at the table and the TV is on, the remote NEEDS to be on the table, even if Im not really watching or paying attention, or even using the remote....can't even sit down unless I know the remote is right there:confused:

Stack Shack

Likes Dirt
Moving my head around like im trying to get a fly to go away, this usually happend at least opnce when riding before i do somethinmg, like if im pedaling into a jump a good luck shake.

brodie_rider

Likes Dirt
Have to sit in a certain chair to play my xbox,

Constantly tap when in a car.

Have to restart my computer everytime I walk away.

Can't ride unless tires are exact same pressure

Psp has to be in cradle unless using it.

Dishes have to be stacked perfectly in dishwasher.

at work- All basil leaves on a pizza have to point to the centre.

Hmm OCD is fun

moodybluebob

Likes Dirt
Since i'm a goalkeeper, i do this after coin toss.

Run a little, side steps to my right, then to my left, then jog and tap the crossbar.

Is always in the order, never changes.

will...

Likes Bikes and Dirt
right sock, left sock, right shin pad, left shin pad, left ankle guard, left shoe, right shoe.

this order, without fail, everytime i'm going riding

conor.1

Genetic Throwback
I always put the toothbrush to the left side of my mouth when starting, otherwise it doesnt feel right and i have to start over.

powley

Clever... and hetrosexual!
Every tuesday night I masturbate over my ex.

I know it's sick but she's a heavy sleeper and I still have her house key.

shamelessly ripped from farkins very own jokes thread.
I think it was Spike-X that said that, still funny:D

framd0

Likes Dirt
before i go to bed i always shut the toilet window and door?
also brush my left bottom teeth, then middle then right and the same with my top teeth. if i dont do it in this order i always go back and brush them

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
TV or Surround Sound volume MUST be a multiple of 2 or 5!!!
+2
I always wet my toothbrush, doesn't feel right when its dry with toothpaste on it.
Yuck, mine needs to be dry :eek:

also brush my left bottom teeth, then middle then right and the same with my top teeth. if i dont do it in this order i always go back and brush them
Same for me as well

Everything has to be off the floor in my room - It helps me unclutter my mind.

I HAVE to sleep on my stomach, or I wont sleep.

Lever adjust on my brakes - Both have to be the exact same

I have to leave my amplifier on with no sound playing for 30 secs when turning on and off - sort of like warming up a car engine

elliotdhmcgeary

Likes Bikes and Dirt
In sporting situation i always do two taps for goodluck :confused:

Riding - Always tap my crank twice with my foot before a DH run
Swimming - Always do two quick taps when i'm turning at the wall
Racquetball - Tap the ground twice with my racquet before a point is played