road bash

forbnmad1

Likes Bikes
Im in the process of making some road srapers that can be towed behind a 4wd to start taking the tops off the ruts and filling in the holes. they work quite well and cost nothing but fuel and time. who would like one?:)

forbnmad1

Likes Bikes
sorry, i should probably explain a little better. its a truck tyre with a shitload of large bolts in the sidewall on one side, a chain slung through one end and the theory is to attach the chain to your 4wd`s tow bar and drive up and down the road. the bolts chew into the hard clay and rock breaking up the top surface and pushing the rubble into the holes as is passes. 5 4wd`s and on day i recon we can have the road drivable by the van again. anybody has any reason why this might be a shit idea, let me know.;)

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I have no reason to believe that this is a shit idea. In fact, you'll get a pay rise now for showing such great dedication! Well doen man, thanks for your effort.

Dug

Likes Dirt
Fuggin great idea if you don't mind me saying. Could we get one close by the track, so if by chance someone comes up they can have a bit of a freelance scrape of the road? Ill see about making one up my self :cool:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I'll try and borrow some of works..................permanently.
What weight do you reckon these things will be? They'll have to be fairly heavy to have more of an effect than what we can do with a matic.

Dug

Likes Dirt
Might try to bring up a couple of 600mm x 600mm hearts of logs these things are heavy enough and banging some deck spikes into them may have the desired effect for road scraping.. or 32mm high tensile booker rod.... and if they fail we can always ues them to power the next BBQ.... I'll see what I can "Borrow from Work" and bring up next time...:p

forbnmad1

Likes Bikes
they wiegh about 50kgs with 13 bolts on the leading edge. ive got one nearly operational so ill try to get up there sunday arvo and test it out. i'll use an old truck tie down strap for towing it so i dont need the chain unless we want more than one scrapper. the log sounds good dug. should be heavy enogh to have an effect. see what happens eh.

forbnmad1

Likes Bikes
first ones good to go!:cool: looks like itll do the job too. ill test it sunday and let you know where i stashed it if it works. that way anyone that has a 4wd or ute and feels like a drive can hook it up and go for a drag.