Road Side Drug Test

eskoba

Banned
Had a speech at school that touched briefly on this but I didn't ask this question because I was unable to. But, If you have a RDT (or whatever the abbreviation is) what is the time period in which Marijuana use (or even amphetamine use) can come up?
I am aware that Cannabis (or THC) can stay in your system for up to 30days for heavy users but will come up in the test if you used it a few weeks ago or will it only come up if you used it a few hours ago?

Red Rocket

Likes Bikes and Dirt
"Yessir, those two men over there in the dock are the ones who gave me the LSD and took me to a hotel...I don't know for sure what they done to me, but I remember it was horrible"

Just pretend you never remember taking drugs in the first place...that you were offered what someone called 'enchanted butter', and that you simply thought they meant it was delicious.

Battler

Likes Dirt
Had a speech at school that touched briefly on this but I didn't ask this question because I was unable to. But, If you have a RDT (or whatever the abbreviation is) what is the time period in which Marijuana use (or even amphetamine use) can come up?
I am aware that Cannabis (or THC) can stay in your system for up to 30days for heavy users but will come up in the test if you used it a few weeks ago or will it only come up if you used it a few hours ago?
Planning something eyyy??

Answers should be on here: http://www.concept420.com/how-long-does-marijuana-stay-system.htm

red death

Likes Bikes
this is a very valid question in that you could be holidaying in certain parts of the world where cannabis is legal & then return to Australia & being the good citizen you are, not want to break any laws.

Perhaps you could present at the local police station and request a test?;)

Dane

Likes Dirt
I think this topic was discussed on Hack a few weeks back. IIRC it was something like 7 hours for weed and 24 for party drugs.

nevot

Likes Bikes
Things like THC are absorbed in to fats in the body and will hang around for quite a long time, up to 3 months or more, but there is a generic concept that the levels will reduce to a level where the testing cutoff will mean that there is limited chance that it will be detected after about 30 days.

The psychoactives (LSD, Pscilobin, DMT) are detectable for around 48 - 72 hours in the urine, but generally are not part of the typical drug testing regime

Speed and the other simple phets are detectable in urine for about 1-3 days, methamphetamines are going to hang around in the system for a little bit longer like 3-5 days.

As saliva based tests are relativley new, there is a good likely hood that there is a large number of things that will produce a false positive with a lot of them being prescription drugs (Ritalin, dexies, riboflavin)

Dont do drugs kids.

eskoba

Banned
I think Dane is right on the money as I just read in an article that meth- amphetamines can stay in your system for 24hours.
Thanks for the help to other people, although I was referring to the road side tests which are saliva tests! but yes THC does stay in the system for 3 months!

Fred Nurk

No custom title here
If you're that concerned about it you can pay to get a piss test or similar. Not sure about major cities, but in some mining towns most doctors surgeries could do them, about $60.

Speaking with the guys who used to do the test for mine site inductions, most people got caught for weed, hardly anyone used to get caught for other drugs, generally due to the amount of time it stays in your system, and the likelihood of getting a test within 24 hours of being back at work.

Sudafed used to set off the drug tests, as did panadeine and other codeine based pain relief. I don't know if the new sudafed does though.

I'm not condoning usage at all, either.

takai

Eats Squid
Symbicort (a corticosteroid commonly used to treat asthma and bronchial illness) sets off the saliva tests. I was given a warning by the chemist to keep either the symbicort itself or the script for it in the car at all times.

enjoi

Likes Bikes
I know if you get done DUI of party drugs they suspend your licence for 24 hours. So if you are driving after 24 hours and you get tested again, what happens?
I think there is still alot of holes in the drug testing program, and I know for a fact that not every officer carries a Mobile Drug Kit.