Road Tyre Question

chrisp2087

Likes Dirt
I'm amazed at the range you guys are getting from those tyres, makes me feel a bit better about crossing to the dark side of roadie riding!

I've just rotated my tyres (front to back, back to front) to increase the life a little bit and found a cut in one of them (the least worn one too) so I'm looking forward to getting some new tyres, may as well get some fashion colours haha

jacko69

Likes Dirt
yeah im going to have to go ahead and disagree with you here. nothing but trouble with the (expensive) gatorskins over the last couple of years.

my free advice is unless you are racing, to just get something cheapish from one of the big brands because its only going to get cut up anyway.
I've gone back to Specialized All-Conditions. My 1st set did 6,000 kms, then I boughts some (expensive) Gatorskins which only lasted 3,500 and suffered from punctures all too often.

tofer

Likes Bikes
I have ridden on many tyres and the best clinchers I have found is Continental Grand Prix 4000. I get many cuts in the rubber, but hardly any punctures, and hardly any holes which cut the entire tyre.