Roadie for the girlfriend.. frame size?

pink

Likes Bikes
Some basic measurements, i.e. 84.5cm inseam, 175cm tall, which match up fairly closely (84cm / 177cm) with what I got at home. One shop did take other measurements, but the guy had NO clue as to what he was doing, i.e. running around asking everyone else 1000 questions about what to do and generally being very uncomfortable and nervous about the whole thing. So I've basically erased everything he said from my memory.
There is a measuring tool where they stand over a stick, it gives you actual frame measurements, including top tube length. There are different ways to measure, but height alone isn't accurate enough, as all torsos, reach, flexibility are all different. Going by her height I would be surprised she would be a small in anything...

If you can afford it, go 105. Longer lasting, better quality. I'd go minimum tiagra. The shifters on Sora aren't as good with the little thumb thing happening. Giant: Lifetime warrenty on the frame, check other manufacturers for warranty. Finally, make sure she feels good on it. I have had the unpleasant experince of an ill fitting bike...wrong geometry for me = a lot of discomfort. Not in the first 6 months... but the more riding I did, the worse it got. New bike... PERFECT! Never want to get off it coz it FITS! :)

pink

Likes Bikes
Nah, gonna ring em today though.

Any other suggestions for bike manufacturers with funky women's designs? Orbea and Merida seem to have it nailed, Giant sort of.. a lot of the others are so, so boring and basic (I.e. silver with some red). NO woman is going to want to buy that shit!
Women specific may not suit her, have you thought of the Giant Defy 2? I have sold these to female riders.

Retails around $1299. Has Tiagra, but a couple of Sora parts thrown in to keep the price down. Eg. Brakes.

FYI: Giant have just dropped their prices recently... ;)

Personally, I ride a Cannondale, they have a large range of women's specific bikes if you are still after a WSD. I also hate crap colours on bikes for women! :mad: