Rock Hop 6 Hour Enduro 2011 and Demo Day

mtbfit

Likes Bikes
RockHop 2011 Online entrys here

Saturday 24th September 9:30 till 4pm.

Come test the best for FREE!

Merida demo bikes, Shimano demo wheels and brakesets, Crank brothers wheel and pedal demos, Jetblack products, Endura nutrition samples, Sausage sizzle and soft drinks all day, skills clinics for beginner and intermediate riders. Lots of give a way’s and special deals on the day.

All set at the amazing trails at Dallas brooks scout camp, Harpfield rd, Upper Beaconsfield.

A great chance to ride the Rock hop course before the race on Sunday and much much more.

This great event is brought to by Goldcross cycles, Merida and Dirt rider’s mountain bike club.

Late ENTRIES ON THE DAY will incur $20 per rider penalty
SCHEDULE / DETAILS

SATURDAY Sept 24th
Practice for 3pm-5.00pm.

SUNDAY Sept 25th

Scouts will be collecting donation for them of $2 at car park be nice

Registration and Practice from Sunday 7:00 am Until 9:30 am

Rider briefing at 9.50am at transition.

Racing Starts @ 10.00am- Finishes @ 4.00pm

PLEASE REGISTER AS SOON AS YOU ARRIVE.

The Mountain Bike Course

The course is achievable by riders with a reasonable level of fitness and skills, except for the complete novice, although there are some sections where inexperienced MTB riders may need to take caution, but they will be clearly marked. Each lap of the course will take an average of 25-40 minutes to complete.

COURSE PROFILE

(9km, approx. 85% single track / 15% bush tracks)

What's supplied at the event ?
Camping onsite for Saturday night is available at a no cost, toilet facilities only provided onsite.
Toilets
Club Timing with lap times and category results every hour.

Coffee & Food
Fully closed, marked & marshalled mountain bike course
Drinking Water onsite
Medical support.

What I need to bring?
A functioning, serviced mountain bike,
Australian Standards certified cycling helmet,
1 full water bottle or hydration pack

Other things to bring:
The following items will make your day that much more enjoyable
A marquee and Camping chair
Your favorite snacks and drinks
A smile!
Support Crew!
Individual competitors are advised to have a support crew, and someone to drive them home.You will need to set up your transition area, as well as supplying your team mate/s with food and drinks.

PLEASE NOTE- In line with the Victorian State Endurance Series, the following categories are available
Solo Men and 40+ Solo Women Male Pairs Female Pairs Mixed Pairs Male Three's Mixed Three's Female Three's 40+ male Three's

Last edited:

tumble_downs

Likes Dirt
I'm looking forward to this - nice and close to Melbourne. Hopefully the weather continues as is and the course is nice and dry.

akashra

Eats Squid
Pointed question I know, but who is providing the "professional" timing for this event? Or is this just another case of the phrase being thrown around where it's actually an amateur/volunteer service or club members who have never actually done this in their life as a full-time profession, with the information being published/advertised as a lie?

Had to be asked, because I know I sure as hell have heard a lot of feedback of timing screw-ups at events this year, and inevitably when Rob isn't around, have ended up being asked for help or to fix the problems. So I think fair time to ask the question.

tumble_downs

Likes Dirt
Wow, you sure take timing seriously! Finishing in the second half of the over 40s, I haven't had to worry too much about the accuracy of timing in determining my position.

akashra

Eats Squid
It's more whether or not people actually get to see any results on the day or even in the following week because the results are so screwed up on the day that everything falls to pieces. I don't think it's an unreasonable question, especially considering the feedback I got from other riders about previous events this year (one where DirtRiders *did* have a qualified, professional person providing services to them at no cost, compared with others where entrants didn't know where they had placed on the day due to what was described as a complete failure).

I don't think that's too much to ask, nor is it taking it too seriously given the circumstances. The point I'm making is that if clubs are going to throw around the phrase "professional timing" (and professional photography, which has become synonymous, yet to my knowledge there's very few professional photographers ever at events any more as it's simply not profitable - most are, at best, amateurs who do it for a bit of coin on the side), then they should be expected to back up the claims.
I know very well they don't have the people within their ranks, so they must be sourcing it externally to be making the claim (again). Anywhere else, this would be called false advertising, with the ACCC coming down on it.

So let's clear it up, with a simple, straightforward question: Who has been contracted to provide the professional services advertised?

jane

Squid
Sounds fun, I've entered. The sun is shining today so lets be nice to each other and go pedal our bikes. I have faith there will be a timing system on the day. Negative nannies can stay home and moan.

mtbfit

Likes Bikes
Thank you, I need no say any more

Sounds fun, I've entered. The sun is shining today so lets be nice to each other and go pedal our bikes. I have faith there will be a timing system on the day. Negative nannies can stay home and moan.
Thank you, I need no say any more

mtbfit

Likes Bikes
Rock Hop course 2011

Garmin course posted is close to what will be done but I will be making a few mods to post soon after this Sunday

mtbfit

Likes Bikes
Rock Hop course 2011

Did Three lap at Becky Rock Hop course 2011 on Sunday love the tracks conditions are perfect.:eek:range:

Will post Video and garmin map in next day or so

mtbfit

Likes Bikes
2011 RockHop course

2011 RockHop course:clap2:

had a little down time moving fallen branches.

I have made it as easy as possible for Beacky will load of fun tracks.

If you are not sure of your skills I will be running some skills sessions on the Sat afternoon Demo day

Last edited:

mtbfit

Likes Bikes
Rock Hop course 2011

Riding in the rain at Beacky love the place no big water holes and loads of fun single track:single_eye:

beeza

Likes Bikes
just did a few laps myself today. it has been in perfect nick the last two weeks, but a bit sloppy today.

alot of work has gone into some bits with the loose rock crossing over the stream at the back of the course particularly good fun. good work whoever is responsible.

would be good to see the place used more, if only to clear the massive amount of sticks and tree litter from the tracks that get jammed in the chain and gears.

and whats the deal with the animals up there??? they seem to shit right on top of every single root and rock on the course. i cant think why a wombat / roo / whatever would need to do this???

akashra

Eats Squid
and whats the deal with the animals up there??? they seem to shit right on top of every single root and rock on the course. i cant think why a wombat / roo / whatever would need to do this???
Well, what do you suggest we do? Fining them will clearly be as effective as speeding fines.

beeza

Likes Bikes
Well, what do you suggest we do? Fining them will clearly be as effective as speeding fines.
abit of courtesy on their behalf would go along way.

it does seem odd to me that the animals would choose the open tracks compared to the privacy of the shrubs.

it is a big problem....