Rock Shox MC 3.3

taibo

Eats Squid
hey guys,
A friend of mine has just got himself a new 07 teocali super that comes with the MC 3.3 rear shock. The shock is making a really weird creaking noise in the first 10% of its stroke. Its not so bad when you are riding on the trails, but when its stationary and you are pushing the suspension down its really loud. We have re-grease all the pivots and haven't over-tightened them.

We took it back to the LBS and they rang up rock shox and apparently said that this was normal and to give it a few rides to settle down. I am not so sure about this as we took it out today for a ride and it doesnt seem to show any signs of getting better.

Has anyone had any similar problems with this shock or any suggestions as to what could be the cause. My friend is pretty stressed about this as its his first MTB (after much convincing to get him into it) and i wanna help him sort it out.

Thanks

shredder dj

Likes Dirt
Maybe if it doesn't get any better over the next week or so, take it back to the Bike Shop and see if they will do a full rebuild/regrease under warranty. If they don't I guess you will just have to fork out the money or put up with it.

That's all I could come up with having never ridden a RS rear shock.

James

Matt C

Likes Dirt
Mine made this noise aswell when it was brand new. After a few rides it hadn't changed so i sent it to Monza and they replaced the damper assembly. Still makes a weird noise when locked out or on the floodgate setting so i just leave it open all the time. Seems to be normal with this shock.