rockshox fork, how do i tell the year

safreek

hi guys, just wondering where on a rs fork you would find the year of make, seems marz do it and if I remember correctly shermans and such did as well. can only serial number, thanks

moorey

call me Mia
hi guys, just wondering where on a rs fork you would find the year of make, seems marz do it and if I remember correctly shermans and such did as well. can only serial number, thanks
You will have 2 numbers, then a letter, then numbers. The first number after letter is year. Eg, if it's 07T142200054, the '1' means they're 2011.

safreek

Knuckles will tell you how to even decode the day and month. What's the serial number?
If the scuffed Rebas, they look 2010 or 11 maybe.
serial number is 36T90005806, so assuming 09. just bought a few bikes from a fleet change over so it was more to date the bikes, cheers

Jeeves

Likes Bikes
serial number is 36T90005806, so assuming 09. just bought a few bikes from a fleet change over so it was more to date the bikes, cheers
Week 36 of 2009 production date, makes it a 2010 year model fork as far as spare parts and the year model of bike it came on.

moorey

call me Mia
Week 36 of 2009 production date, makes it a 2010 year model fork as far as spare parts and the year model of bike it came on.
Cool. 806 will then probably correlate with August 6th, not 8th of June as I first thought? That's around the right amount of weeks, kinda. Pretty sure the months/day are in the last few numbers, unless I've misunderstood knuckles...like millions have before me.

Jeeves

Likes Bikes
I think the rest of it is just the SN#
They'd be pumping out more than one in any given day ;)