RockShox Pike

Hey all,
So i purchased a set of Pikes from cycling deal. I received them today, but when looking at the forks it says 130mm and 140mm travel (will attach photos), but also says 160mm on it aswell. The upper measure to 160mm. Just wondering if i should be concerned at all, and if i should be sending them back or if you think they will be good to go.
Cheers.

linkl8r

Likes Dirt
Those are just sag markers for the respective air spring lengths if you were to lower the fork.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Ok, thanks for quick reply, i just expected them to say 150/160 was all. was just checking that there should be call for concern or not.
Thanks!

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
I'm pretty sure a factory 160mm fork would come with the 150/160mm sag markers on them. These might have had an air spring shaft change.
Not that it makes any difference other than having to manually measure the sag instead of the convenience of having the 150/160mm % for quick reference.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
There was mention in the bargain buys thread that the cycling deal Pikes may have the serial number scratched off. Is that the case with yours?

I'm pretty sure a factory 160mm fork would come with the 150/160mm sag markers on them. These might have had an air spring shaft change.
Not that it makes any difference other than having to manually measure the sag instead of the convenience of having the 150/160mm % for quick reference.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
1. Cant tell if serious or not. 2. If serious will check when i get home. This is the reason i was asking i shouldnt be happy with a nee fork that is done like this should i.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
1. Cant tell if serious or not. 2. If serious will check when i get home. This is the reason i was asking i shouldnt be happy with a nee fork that is done like this should i.

I have a 27.5 150mm OEM Pike on my Canyon. It has 150/160mm sag markings.
I've previously had retail 160mm Pikes (from ze germans) and they also had 150/160mm sag markings.

It won't affect the function one bit, As long as the travel is 160mm as you require.

Up to you whether it's a big deal or not.

I have a 27.5 150mm OEM Pike on my Canyon. It has 150/160mm sag markings.
I've previously had retail 160mm Pikes (from ze germans) and they also had 150/160mm sag markings.

It won't affect the function one bit, As long as the travel is 160mm as you require.

Up to you whether it's a big deal or not.
Yeah it all just confused me is all. Thanks for the information.

merc-blue

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It wouldn't surprise me if cyclingdeal were selling warranty or factory 2nds that have been repaired.. there has been rumors of this type of stuff happening. seen quite a few tires that are sold suspiciously cheap having imperfections in treads and little things like that.

Look for a serial number which should be etched on the crown. Call Sram DSD and confirm what the serial number links to.. eg it may be a lengthend 140mm.

Also......
https://www.sram.com/rockshox/authentication-notice#sm.00018aa7qn2afd5awm21yjlrjynmw

Last edited:
Thanks for the links! I will be calling cycling deal tomorrow and getting my money back.
Serial number is scratched off and with the other issues not going to bother with it.
Thank you all!

Edit.
PS, i blame Moorey, although he is super helpful!

Gripo

Eats Squid
Thanks for the links! I will be calling cycling deal tomorrow and getting my money back.
Serial number is scratched off and with the other issues not going to bother with it.
Thank you all!

Edit.
yeah LBS is an option......probably another 1K ca$h though on top of what you paid CD.com.au......that 1K would buy a bunch of warranty/service and other stuff

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hmm, shame. I thought Cycling Deal were selling legit stuff. My X1 cassette I got from them looks ok though :noidea:

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Thank you all!

Edit.
Keen to know what they say, please post up their response.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Damn. I've had nothing but good experiences with cycling deal, would have recommended them to anyone till now (I mean, provided they stock what you want). That's a bit shithouse and underhanded though, filing off serials? Nope, that's just dodgy

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

TheAzza

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looking at their website they are 2017 Pike RCs which are OEM only, as far as I know. I would assume they are getting them as brand new take offs from a factory or store or, as previously mentioned, warranties. Not saying that makes it any better, but would explain the serial numbers being filed off. The only issue will be with warranty, I suppose, but if they are going to cover the warranty at CyclingDeal then it may not be as big a problem as it seems. It will seriously reduce the resale value though.

Last edited:
I spoke to cycling deal, i will be taking the forks down to their store in melbourne on the weekend to sort out the issue.