Rockshox Revelation Increasing Travel to 150mm. How does one do it?

stinkytodamax

Likes Dirt
Hi Guys

Calling on the brains trust. I'm looking at a Revelation RL with Dual Position 120-140mm on a 2015 Giant.

Can these forks be extended to 150mm or am I lumbered with selling them for a longer travel fork?

Any advice would be apprieciated

Cheers

JP

moorey

call me Mia
Hi Guys

Calling on the brains trust. I'm looking at a Revelation RL with Dual Position 120-140mm on a 2015 Giant.

Can these forks be extended to 150mm or am I lumbered with selling them for a longer travel fork?

Any advice would be apprieciated

Cheers

JP
Dual air or solo air? Solo is harder, dual is a via spacers usually.

edit. Missed that it's on a 2015 giant. I don't think you can. I'd see if you can swap someone.

Last edited:

99_FGT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Longer air shaft? You can go down, pretty sure the uppers are the same for all travels on the revs and pikes, so changing out the air shaft should increase it.
Al..

moorey

call me Mia
Longer air shaft? You can go down, pretty sure the uppers are the same for all travels on the revs and pikes, so changing out the air shaft should increase it.
Al..
May be right. Not positive of these. Revs have been 140 for the last couple of years, haven't they? Might not be compatible with parts on 150mm sets. I could only get 140 when buying new revs last year.

teK--

Eats Squid
32s would also get quite noodly once u pass 140mm travel unless u are a really light rider.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
May be right. Not positive of these. Revs have been 140 for the last couple of years, haven't they? Might not be compatible with parts on 150mm sets. I could only get 140 when buying new revs last year.
My 2015 revs were 150mm.

Dual position aren't easily converted though, only single pos with a new air shaft.
As far as I know, Rockshox have dropped dual air all together? So not just a spacer job like older revs.

moorey

call me Mia
My 2015 revs were 150mm.

Dual position aren't easily converted though, only single pos with a new air shaft.
As far as I know, Rockshox have dropped dual air all together? So not just a spacer job like older revs.
Yeah, no dual air since 2012, I think :doh:
To be fair, was only looking for straight steerer revs last year, so the choice may have been limited.

moorey

call me Mia
32s would also get quite noodly once u pass 140mm travel unless u are a really light rider.
Fox, sure. Never found this in my 150 revs. Ran them on the spitty for a while and pushed them pretty hard. That said, my huskier mates felt s bit more flex.

stinkytodamax

Likes Dirt
Fox, sure. Never found this in my 150 revs. Ran them on the spitty for a while and pushed them pretty hard. That said, my huskier mates felt s bit more flex.
Good to know the Rev's are reasonably stiff then. I'm about 90kgs with all my gear. I have a set of 32's on my XC bike which don't enjoying getting too wound up on downhill runs.

Thanks for the help so far.

JP

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Yeah, no dual air since 2012, I think :doh:
To be fair, was only looking for straight steerer revs last year, so the choice may have been limited.
The ones on my commy were 150mm straight steerer.

Good to know the Rev's are reasonably stiff then. I'm about 90kgs with all my gear. I have a set of 32's on my XC bike which don't enjoying getting too wound up on downhill runs.

Thanks for the help so far.

JP
As someone who is ~90kg (last time I weighed myself anyway, I think my soon-to-be-wife is starving me though...) and had 140 fox 32's, 140 revs and 150 pikes on the same frame; revs definitely feel firmer than the foxes. That said, the pike makes both of them feel like a floppy penis.

stinkytodamax

Likes Dirt

As someone who is ~90kg (last time I weighed myself anyway, I think my soon-to-be-wife is starving me though...) and had 140 fox 32's, 140 revs and 150 pikes on the same frame; revs definitely feel firmer than the foxes. That said, the pike makes both of them feel like a floppy penis.
Point taken. The plan is to save for some Pikes or x fusion Sweeps (reviews seem good) and a longer stroke shock but in the short term I'll need to use the Revs.

moorey

call me Mia

Listen to nigs. If anyone knows the feel of a floppy penis, it's him. :nod:

waldog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
In they're the same spring setup as a dual position air lyrik, then you're plum out of luck and floppy cocks.

Dual pos have a dimple on the inside of the air spring stanchion that regulates the pos and neg spring. It's only compatible with dual pos. If you're desperate to do the conversion you have to buy a new CSU.

Leave them at 140, enjoy them in semi chubby form and get some sweeps.

You're welcome.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A current rev 140 compared to the fox float 32 140 is night and day difference, not all 32mm are created equal. Havent had a go on a pike, but have a set of mattocs and in 150 are better again.