Rocky Moped

fastrider gus

super huck
Well this one got a little carried away...

Frame - '22 Rocky Altitude Power Play C70 XL
Rear shock - Intend Hover / EXT Storia V3
Front shock/fork - Intend Hero Bandit / Fox 38 (smashpot) *both 170mm
Handlebars - Deity Blacklabel 38mm
Stem - Deity Copperhead 50mm
Headset - Industry Nine Irix w OneUp EDC
Grips - Oury V2 lock
Saddle - Specialized
Seatpost - AXS, old trigger w LEAP pad
Front brake - Trickstuff Maxima w Intend 203 rotor, HOPP lever clamp
Rear brake - same with HOPP matchmaker for the old style dropper remote
Cranks - NSB 155mm, Enduro Ceramic BB
Chainguide - Integrated
Chain - XO T-type
Pedals - Canfield Bros Crampon
Rear derailleur - XO T-type
Rear shifter - XO pod
Cassette - XO T-type
Front hub - Industry Nine Hydra
Rear hub - Industry Nine Hydra
Front rim - Enve M730 w Slik decals
Rear rim - Enve M730 w Slik decals
Spokes - Silver ones
Nipples - Hidden
Tyres - F-Michelin Force AM2 2.6" R-Michelin Wild AM2 2.6
Tubes - Goo
Total weight - Lots, but I guess a bit less than original?

*Specialized bottle cage w LEAP AXS battery mount and quick-links.

Big thanks to @Wake Jake for the opportunity to buy the Trickstuff brakes. They are absolutely incredible out on the trail, I'm stunned at how nice they feel!

The EXT/smashpot 38 combo was running perfectly, I was very happy with how this was running but since I wasn't going to end up building a regular enduro rig I thought I'd chuck the Intend stuff on this for a bit of a go. It's going to take a bit of time to get the rear shock setup right, the EXT was bang on, never had to even think about it. The Bandit fork is lovely but there isn't much left hand turning going on anymore

155mm cranks are the absolute jam on this thing. The stock 170s were completely unsuitable and I'd actually had one real nasty crash after clipping a pedal. The NSB cranks fit on the Powerplays with a tiny bit of love from a dremel to clear the spider/sprag bearing.

New Sram drivetrain is a great fit on the E-bike, gear changes are so bloody crisp and no rattles at all.

I've got a custom vinyl wrap for it, but now I'm not so sure about putting it on. I wasn't a massive fan of the frame colour but with all the new parts I think it works pretty well now!

Anyway, that's it.. No more bikes for me...

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice!
The non-E version is great to ride, so I imagine that this would be very similar. But yeah, it sits stupidly low to the ground and even with 165mm cranks i was having rock strike issues. Glad to hear you could make some 155s work

fastrider gus

super huck
Wow, what a spec! Brakes live up to the hype by the sounds of it.
I was a little worried they would be violently grabby or just straight up on/off anchors but the lever feel is absolutely fantastic! I'd say sorta similar to Cura4s, a nice amount of squish into the power and there is more power than you'll ever need!
Im stoked Jarrad at Empire cycles got the bleed process down, it sounds like a bit of an ordeal.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
I was a little worried they would be violently grabby or just straight up on/off anchors but the lever feel is absolutely fantastic! I'd say sorta similar to Cura4s, a nice amount of squish into the power and there is more power than you'll ever need!
Im stoked Jarrad at Empire cycles got the bleed process down, it sounds like a bit of an ordeal.

Try some Power + Trickstuff pads for even more stopping power! The level of feel that these brakes have makes the stronger pad material entirely useable.

fastrider gus

super huck
Try some Power + Trickstuff pads for even more stopping power! The level of feel that these brakes have makes the stronger pad material entirely useable.
Yea these came with those pads
My only problem is the front hose in the Intend cable guides, I'm going to have to rig up something so it doesn't just bend into the spokes under compression.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
I looked at this when you had it up for sale on the local pages, looks mint with all the fruit on it!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Ozzy has me second guessing the F/R choice now
I bought a set of Wild AM2's but was considering the force for the rear. Ended up just getting the pair... Then #2 son promptly borrowed the bike and nearly cut the one in half, down in a quarry where methos had smashed bottles all over the place :rolleyes:

fastrider gus

super huck
I bought a set of Wild AM2's but was considering the force for the rear. Ended up just getting the pair... Then #2 son promptly borrowed the bike and nearly cut the one in half, down in a quarry where methos had smashed bottles all over the place :rolleyes:
They don't feel as sturdy as the Wild enduros and DHs. Once these are cooked ill probably go back to something more substantial..