Rocky Mountain 2013

sossy

Saucier
What have I done!!!!
Old schooler with bar ends ,in need of Therapy
Gone from small flat and fast Giant XTc 26inch to a big round and upright vertex 29er.

I read all the articles . Listened to everyone who said wide bars short top tube, it's a 29er don't get a frame that is too big but now after collecting parts for over 14months really doubtful this the the bike for me.

26 to 29

From Flat Bar to 12 % sweep.
From Bar ends to no bar ends
from 55cm narrow bar to 74cm super wide bar
Long Top Tube with flat back race position to Sitting up right.

It feels more like a commuter bike , all I need is a basket For the bread wine and cheese.

finish it off : still need a 400ml post the 350 not long enough and prob need to go onto a 110cm stem.

Very undecided about the position and the size of the wheels and the style of riding .

Terralogic forks gr8. DT 240 hubs gr8 . spank rims seem good. XTR 10 speed smooth. Weight 9.92 with pedals amazing for a 29er.

Slam that stem!!!

quiggs

Likes Dirt
I'm 5'10" and am at the larger end of a medium frame, with 740mm bars and the rudely laid back seat post and long stem the Vertex would handle sluggish and be terrible to control in slow tight corners. I think you need a larger frame, I would be speaking to whom you brought it from (retail shop) and having a chat about what options are available to you for getting you comfortable and happy on this bike. The Vertex is the best hardtail bike I have ever ridden.

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
yep

I'm 5'10" and am at the larger end of a medium frame, with 740mm bars and the rudely laid back seat post and long stem the Vertex would handle sluggish and be terrible to control in slow tight corners. I think you need a larger frame, I would be speaking to whom you brought it from (retail shop) and having a chat about what options are available to you for getting you comfortable and happy on this bike. The Vertex is the best hardtail bike I have ever ridden.
rode the med before purchase, talked into the Small by the sales guy and a few others , did get it as a 2012 run out on a wim. might sell it and look for another carbon frame. No RM frames available this year and don't need a complete bike.