Rocky Trail 100 2013

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
Start your 2013 racing season with a bang and with your mates!

Raceday: 10 February 2013.

Imagine to race every possible track combination at Stromlo – this is a race that gets you to ride the whole goodness of the World Championship tracks! In this race you will ride a 33km circuit at Stromlo three times for the full 100 km. Cruisy challenges to race one and two loops are offered as well.

New in 2013 - the 100 km Mates category
This is for you and that special someone in your life that you want to spend 100 km out on the bike with ;-) Go on, ride, race, laugh, suffer and enjoy a day out on one of the most challenging and fun MTB tracks in Australia together!

Back by popular demand: the 5-lap 100 Miler!
That's right - we dare you to start your pain fest of a race at 5 am - a morning lap at Stromlo is one of the most memorable experiences on your bike! Start in the dark and as the sun comes out, the view from the top of the observatory will put a spell on your legs to keep you going all day!

About the race circuit
Climb up to the top via Bluegum and then it’s the sweeping descents of Skyline and Luge that will keep your heart rate up, tight switchback climbs, some sections to recover at Willow’s Link, fast downhills – look out Party Line! - everything a mountain biker’s heart could wish for!

Bring family & friends
This is a family-friendly event with kids races and activities. Yummy food, coffee and drinks will be available all day and the riders are treated to fresh fruit, energy drinks and snacks at the Euro-style feed zone in the event centre after each lap!

trailburner

Special deal from the Crowne Plaza Canberra for all Rocky Trail 100 riders + supporters:

Crowne Plaza Canberra is the ideal place to stay for all riders taking part in the Rocky Trail event. Located in heart of the Nation’s Capital overlooking historical Glebe Park, Crowne Plaza Canberra is only a short 20 minute drive to Stromlo Forest Park. Their guest rooms have modern, luxurious beds to ensure you are well rested for the event. You’ll also appreciate the complimentary access to Pro-Fit Health Club with sauna and outdoor pool where you can keep active before the race.

All Rocky Trail riders can save up to 20% off their stay when they book through their dedicated sports supporters site https://resweb.passkey.com/go/rockytrail100

The Crowne Plaza has also advised that everyone who books a room via the sports supports site receives 20% off their full buffet breakfast (per adult) and a 2 for 1 drink voucher (per room) at Binara one Lounge Bar. They will also place complimentary amenities in the room. For more information on the hotel visit www.crowneplazacanberra.com.au

trailburner

Rode the Rocky Trail 100 track yesterday: overall Stromlo is in great shape but rocky as always. Bring spare tubes! Also it will be a warm day - around 30degrees - so we recommend that you take 2 bottles or a Camelbak with you. Final track length according to my Strava run is 25.9km with 607m of climbing per lap. It's about 95% singletrail therefore quite demanding. Online registration will remain open until Friday 8pm.

Shaman

Likes Dirt
Will we see the lederhosen out on the weekend Martin?
Does it even come off?

I'd say the chances are as good as there being some great weather and cracking racing. Stromlo is in fine form at the moment, can't wait.

Antsonline

Likes Dirt
Hey Martin - field looks great.
When will the course be bunted on Saturday? I fancy getting a lap or two done.....

trailburner

Most of it is already bunted. Heading out there now to do more. We are putting up around 100signs so hopefully everyone finds it's way around :)

Thanks for a great day

Thanks for running a great event rocky trail entertainment... I'm now going to hide under a rock for a few days until I get some energy back!

SuchisLife

Likes Dirt
After only being into MTB for 6 months or so, I had a go at this today, that course kicked my arse! Still I finished my one and only lap, it sure is a good place for a ride and everyone from Rocky Trail were incredible, a big thanks to Mick the marshall for helping get through it. There are some seriously fast dudes on two wheels out there.

poita

Likes Dirt
Had fun out there today, impressive and also demoralising to be passed by Mr Bellchambers on his 4th lap like I was standing still. Room for improvement on my behalf I guess? Good to see a nice and technical course too.

Antsonline

Likes Dirt
Tough day out on the bike. Props to all that entered and got through this one.
My recollection of events here...
http://pin-it-you-muppet.blogspot.com.au/2013/02/rocky-trail-100-stromlo-10-february-2013.html
JD - nice write up. All of us (our training group) agreed it was WAY tougher than we expected. We were broken last night and this morning. Its always hard at Stromlo, but this was extra tough. I rarely blow as much as I did. Good times had by all - and great racing. Felt like real fun.

Martin / Juliana - well done. another great event, with minimum fuss. The finishline beer tap was an incredible luxury. You anr the Bernard beers guys are my heros.

swanny81

Likes Bikes
Tough day out but awesome fun. Feeling it a bit in the arms and legs today...

Well run event and good vibe - plus Stromlo is an awesome track too, so basically a top day all round!

But damn, did I feel dodgy after finishing!! Large Big Mac meal in Goulburn sorted that out :p

Steve_N

Likes Dirt
Tough day for me at Stromlo yesterday. One word to sum it up, brutal. I haven't felt that bad during a race in a long time. I came into the race a bit underdone and it showed. That being said though, I did finish and there were lessons learnt and positives taken away.

Big thanks to Martin and Juliane for organising a great event. My only suggestion would be a water sprayer and plastic cups at the half way point... ;)

Will be looking forward to next year...

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
First time riding at stromlo and it is brilliant. After the 100km (80 really), body was pretty sore, but well worth it. Event was great, course fantastic. Just need to recover now for the Kona Odyssey on Saturday...and de-dust my bike!

D-train

Squid
Only been MTBing for 9 months and took on the 3 laps and failed (2/3). Flatted badly in the first 10km, had to change from tubeless, then my tube was a lemon, wasted my co2 trying to inflate it. Thanks to those that stopped and gave me a tube and a co2, champions.
Stromlo 1 - Me 0.