Rocky Trail's Shimano MTB Grand Prix 2012 Series

ukalipt

Likes Dirt
thanks joshua,

IF YOU WANT PICS, buy pics from the photographers
if you don't buy them, they won't come to the events

i just bought mine because the pics are bloody good!

MarioM

Likes Dirt
Due to illness & operations missed the Mont , missed the first round RTE , missed club races . Had my first trail ride today 5 km`s i managed ! Hopefully i can start training again shortly for round 2 . Really looking forward to it .

muvro

Likes Dirt
G'day Guys, some photos from round 1 upload has been kicked off and there is 10gb+ of uploading so I'd expect it to finish late Saturday (21st Apr) arvo so check in after that. I was only out for 3 hours so I know everybody will not be in here

http://crankadventure.com/galleries
Awesome pics man!

So I'm guessing you're the guy that was hanging in the tree. ;)

ukalipt

thanks joshua,

I do. :)

crankadventure

Cannon Fodder
Awesome pics man!
So I'm guessing you're the guy that was hanging in the tree. ;)
Thanks, yeah that was me! Thought I try something different... the result hmmm so - so... I'll try to go higher and more over track next time, need a track with a big mutha-f branch hanging over track. I'll get it one day

photos are still uploading too, 100ish went missing

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
Important update:
we moved the date of Round 3 at Awaba and now hold the race 1 week earlier on August 25. This spaces the schedule in between rounds a bit more evenly and also avoids some clashes with other events.

toby

Likes Dirt
Just over a week till the next round and I am looking forward to this one... Was out at Annan last weekend and the trail was looking good. I am going to assume it will be the full course with as much length as they can have. That little pinch rock garden climb is the only tricky bit, but as long as you hit it with a bit of a 'caveman' approach it's all good.

Who else is racing?

trailburner

IMPORTANT Shimano MTB Grand Prix update: change of venue

This weekend we will be racing at Awaba instead of Mt Annan! This decision doesn't come lightly but with the current weather forecast it is very unlikely that we will be allowed to use the tracks at The Australian Botanic Garden Mt Annan due to their wet weather policy. Coastal showers are forecast meaning chances are high that Mt Annan gets a few showers leading up to the race. The Awaba tracks can handle a few showers with ease and there is also less amount of rainfall forecast for that region.

We hope that you understand our decision but we are in a tricky position and this way we can guarantee you a race.

If you have entered already all you need to do is drive to Awaba instead of Mt Annan. The tracks there are in awesome shape and the Hunter MTB Association, the local club looking after the track, is looking forward to hosting us there.

Round 3 is now scheduled to be at Mt Annan on August 25, the original date for the Awaba race.

We thank you for racing with us and are looking forward to a great race this Saturday at Awaba.

Juliane & Martin

morrisan

Likes Bikes
IMPORTANT Shimano MTB Grand Prix update: change of venue

This weekend we will be racing at Awaba instead of Mt Annan! This decision doesn't come lightly but with the current weather forecast it is very unlikely that we will be allowed to use the tracks at The Australian Botanic Garden Mt Annan due to their wet weather policy. Coastal showers are forecast meaning chances are high that Mt Annan gets a few showers leading up to the race. The Awaba tracks can handle a few showers with ease and there is also less amount of rainfall forecast for that region.

We hope that you understand our decision but we are in a tricky position and this way we can guarantee you a race.

If you have entered already all you need to do is drive to Awaba instead of Mt Annan. The tracks there are in awesome shape and the Hunter MTB Association, the local club looking after the track, is looking forward to hosting us there.

Round 3 is now scheduled to be at Mt Annan on August 25, the original date for the Awaba race.

We thank you for racing with us and are looking forward to a great race this Saturday at Awaba.

Juliane & Martin
Hey Trailburner there is no problem , do you to know how is the mobile reception at Awaba?
Cheers

trailburner

Not much rain today at Awaba and the forecast for Saturday's race is pretty good! All systems are GO for Round 2. Trailer is packed and we will head up there early tomorrow to set everything up. We will be able to keep registration open until Friday 6pm but if you know that you are coming please register tonight so we can prepare your number plate at home where it is nice and warm :)

toby

Likes Dirt
Really hoping its not raining like it has in Sydney... otherwise this is going to be a mudbath. Think I will make a call tonight and maybe sit this one out. Price of rebuilding bike is more than the fun factor!

muvro

Likes Dirt
Really hoping its not raining like it has in Sydney... otherwise this is going to be a mudbath. Think I will make a call tonight and maybe sit this one out. Price of rebuilding bike is more than the fun factor!
my driveline is stuffed already, so not really bothered. If it was new... I might be in a different mind set. lol

wilddemon

Likes Dirt
thanks joshua,

Unfortunately we didn't have an official photographer who sells pictures to the riders. The ones we had in the past said that they don't sell enough photos to break even.

Keep an eye out on our facebook site (will upload some more) and also The Roost. Lots of pics there:
http://www.facebook.com/rockytrailentertainment
http://theroostmag.com.au/
If the photos were a little more affordable (ie. reasonably priced) a lot more people would buy them and IMO they would make more money.

Logan

Squid
I am pulling the pin on this, was going to race, but after spending a fair amount of time servicing the bike post Husky and having the front fork serviced, I really cant be bothered to race in the mud.