Rollercoaster powered by Flow - 2014 NSW State Series and Championships

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Dreggesy, I just heard that brown nose Risso has been doing secret spin sessions in the promoters shed. Just keep an eye on that pink lycra, narrow barred leprechaun
Little does Rizzo know that we have paid a hefty amount of bratwurst to his spin partner to ensure that he works him so hard that he will be blown come race day <insert maniacal laugh>...

SuchisLife

Likes Dirt
Our club has a Yeti ASR 7 Loaner bike if you get stuck, just PM me and I'll orgainize it for you.

Dreggesy, I just heard that brown nose Risso has been doing secret spin sessions in the promoters shed. Just keep an eye on that pink lycra, narrow barred leprechaun
Pm Sent, I bloody love the MTB community

Maltese Falcon

Likes Dirt
Dreggesy, I just heard that brown nose Rizzo has been doing secret spin sessions in the promoters shed. Just keep an eye on that pink lycra, narrow barred leprechaun
Oh Boy.

Are you upset Timothy because I was rude to you on the phone?

Don't worry, I will give you a big hug on Monday morning & everything will feel better.

Lots of love

Rizzo

xxoo

loc81

Likes Dirt
"And now here's Tony Greig with the pitch report.."
Yesterday's rain did wonders for the tracks considering it's been a dust bowl for months. I was surprised how much the mountain copped it actually. Forecast says cloudy and light showers so I can't see the track being muddy, just a few wet patches on rollercoaster.

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
In addition to the Rider Briefing on the day we made a video for you:

[video=youtube_share;YW3cajMGGp8]http://youtu.be/YW3cajMGGp8[/video]

scblack

Leucocholic
Once the rider has started their runs, how much access to changes have we got?

Do we need a hydration backpack with water bladder, or will we be able to access our cars etc for water between runs? Or food and spares/tools etc?

Same with helmets - I know an approved helmet is required. I have both FF and XC helmets. Many gravity enduro riders wear FF helmet for race run, and have the XC helmet for the transition - is it necessary to carry both from the start of your first race run, or will we be able to swap around?

I guess my question might be answered by how close the different starts are to car parking anyway (or access to a helper) - but do we have to race with the gear we start the first run with?

loc81

Likes Dirt
Once the rider has started their runs, how much access to changes have we got?

Do we need a hydration backpack with water bladder, or will we be able to access our cars etc for water between runs? Or food and spares/tools etc?
I guess my question might be answered by how close the different starts are to car parking anyway (or access to a helper) - but do we have to race with the gear we start the first run with?
The finish points are within a stones throw of each other- if you wanted to top up water (no taps so BYO unless you want to buy 600ml bottles from stalls on the day) or change helmets etc it is certainly no more than a 10 minute ride out to the car park.
Let's say you need to get from car park over to the shimano trail, I'd head up the track as normal and ride Bellbirds and Jurassic down to the timing finishing area then head up demtel from there. I'm also making the assumption this is allowed but I can't see it interfering.

Camby88

Likes Dirt
Hey all,
to those with a downhill and all mountain bike, are you running your dh for the dh track? Given there is an extra pedal at the end of the track?

Are any taking two bikes/is it allowed?

Looking forward!

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Hey all,
to those with a downhill and all mountain bike, are you running your dh for the dh track? Given there is an extra pedal at the end of the track?

Are any taking two bikes/is it allowed?

Looking forward!
I tried this on a practice run at the last Del Rio round, we raced Bike or Box which is a full DH track but then had to pedal a few hundred meters around the dam which is similar to the magic carpet section they've added to the Ourimbah DH for this race. I reckon I shaved some seconds off on the DH but lost almost a minute on the pedal out and will be running the AM bike for this race.

bog

Likes Bikes
Camping at the track

whats the go?
thinking of heading up saturday and making a weekend out of it.
Is there any area to roll out a swag
cheers

trailburner

whats the go?
thinking of heading up saturday and making a weekend out of it.
Is there any area to roll out a swag
cheers
It's a State Forest and you can camp there. No facilites however. Toilets will be delivered Sunday evening. We will mark the tracks tomorrow morning. See you out there!

trailburner

The finish points are within a stones throw of each other- if you wanted to top up water (no taps so BYO unless you want to buy 600ml bottles from stalls on the day) or change helmets etc it is certainly no more than a 10 minute ride out to the car park.
Let's say you need to get from car park over to the shimano trail, I'd head up the track as normal and ride Bellbirds and Jurassic down to the timing finishing area then head up demtel from there. I'm also making the assumption this is allowed but I can't see it interfering.
Thanks for answering the question! So yes, what he said :)

bog

Likes Bikes
Good show

looking forward to it,
the youngfella and the oldman will pushing the big girls around, the big DH sleds,8 and abit inches of comfort
Yeah thats were its AT, c'mon legs.

Camby88

Likes Dirt
I tried this on a practice run at the last Del Rio round, we raced Bike or Box which is a full DH track but then had to pedal a few hundred meters around the dam which is similar to the magic carpet section they've added to the Ourimbah DH for this race. I reckon I shaved some seconds off on the DH but lost almost a minute on the pedal out and will be running the AM bike for this race.
Thanks for your opinion, I did the del Rio race with 2 bikes (changed to lighter tyres on dh) but it Was an effort to get both in the car last time though.
There doesn't look to be much magic carpet at the end of the dh track though.

Guess the sb with ccdba will be prime. but since dh is carbon with air front and rear, it may be faster...!

clifton.j

Likes Dirt
Last race i ran my Glory, Low speed compression cranked up. It was a pig, as said above any time made up on the downhill track is negligible compared to the time you can gain on the straight on a bike that pedals well.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Thanks for your opinion, I did the del Rio race with 2 bikes (changed to lighter tyres on dh) but it Was an effort to get both in the car last time though.
There doesn't look to be much magic carpet at the end of the dh track though.

Guess the sb with ccdba will be prime. but since dh is carbon with air front and rear, it may be faster...!
Yeah i guess with a light carbon DH bike there may be some advantage, but I was running an almost 18kg Session 88 coil sprung front and rear, it was smoother and faster on the down for sure but really pedaled like a pig for the last section. The magic carpet section is a slight uphill grade with a little log hop over and since the DH track is quite tame I can't see any big gains from running a DH bike, as TrailBurner said though they will allow multiple bikes so whatever you feel most comfortable on will get the job done. Maybe strategically place the AM rig at the bottom of the DH and change bikes mid-race :).