Rotoburners Age

loc81

Likes Dirt
I`m 38 and if your not getting any older your dead:D
Ha! Great quote mate.
I'm 28 but I'm amazed at the different walks of life and ages that not only are really into bikes but are also on Rotorburn. I think riding definetly keeps you young but seems to keep you broke as well!
Bloody addictions....

leftieant

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So is anyone tracking these answers? A graph would be interesting viewing for those more data-obsessed amongst us.

GDonehue

Likes Dirt
^^^ I almost did it, then thought 'what the heck are you on ya muppet'

37 but after 18 years of Rugby (the last 12 in the engine room) I feel 102...
Isn't it odd that the older and slower we get the more we all gravitate to the side of the sport that requires us to pedal...

The Age

Chronologically doh born 1972
Biologically feeling 80 today
Mentally never past fifth grade so = 11.

Last edited:

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm one of the many swarms of younger farkin'ers, only being 18.

I think it's already been nailed on the head though, in saying that the lycra-clad nature of the XC sub-forum maintains a higher average age than the rest of Farkin, which seems to be largely dominated by 14-16 year olds. :eek:

timedward

Likes Dirt
I'm one of the many swarms of younger farkin'ers, only being 18.

I think it's already been nailed on the head though, in saying that the lycra-clad nature of the XC sub-forum maintains a higher average age than the rest of Farkin, which seems to be largely dominated by 14-16 year olds. :eek:

So that would mean I'm an outlier ;)

Kojarena

Likes Bikes
39 for another two months... been riding bikes since I was five, road racing between 15 and 17, bicycle messenger in Sydney CBD briefly at 18 and again for longer between 21-22 and bought my first MTB then (Shogun Trailbreaker !) then my first front forked bike at 22 and a custom aluminium at 23 which is when I stopped riding until 6 weeks ago.

Now where did i put my pack of adult diapers?
k

ordie

Likes Bikes
well in 13 and have lycra in my wordrobe and ride xc so just because you were lycra it doesnt mean you have to be past your teens

mtb1611

Seymour
39 in November. Raced a bit of BMX in 80/81 when it was the "done thing". Raced mtb 92-99, road 96-99. Since then done a fair few 4/12/24 hour events, although nothing for the last 2 years. Thinking of joining WSMTB this year.

Hud

Likes Dirt
School kids playing around on the net, eh? That's pretty rich coming from an industry that traditionally staff their shops following the McDonalds principal of "kindy trawling".

54... do I win?
I'd say your losing;)

Me - 28.

Megahead

Likes Bikes
37 but feeling like a fat and unfit 50 year old at the moment. Going out for a ride with some mates tomorrow who've all been riding heaps - first one in months for me due to the arrival of baby number 2. Fark this is going to hurt! I can already see me puking and the lads laughing.

BM Epic

Eats Squid
39 in November. Raced a bit of BMX in 80/81 when it was the "done thing". Raced mtb 92-99, road 96-99. Since then done a fair few 4/12/24 hour events, although nothing for the last 2 years. Thinking of joining WSMTB this year.
Go Ben, me and the daughter just joined-yay!..still haven't met you in person, i shall remedy that situation soon!