Rotor Burn

dmwill

Likes Dirt
When I first had disc brakes my mate had a shot of riding my bike and decided to see how hot the rotors were! I never laughed so hard!

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
Superman said:
half the point of the holes is to get the mud off the braking surface, so the holes just did their job i guess.

imagine if there wasnt holes ;)

ps: now ya gotta amputate a bit of ya finger with the rotor (ask dj_robbie for instructions ;)) then you discover some more rotor body art while your at it!!
matly may also be able to help :D

profaine

Likes Dirt
Ouch! That would hurt! My mate decided he would "see if the rotor gets hot" after a run and well..... you know the rest!
My brother once got his thumb caught between the front disk and the forks when the bike was upside down and the wheel was spinning. It cut his thumb quite bad, it would have been funny if he wasnt in so much pain.

Octane_Matty

Likes Dirt
woah sweet
Hayes burn....jeeez all we need is to get custom rotor designs...

im gonna do that for the hell of it...

Scars heal... glory fades
And all we're left with are the memories made, oh yeah
Pain hurts, but only for a minute
Yeah life is short so go on and live it
Cause the chicks dig it

Drop in Drew

Likes Dirt
ha ha pitty its a hayes mark though now ur stuck with the fact u have shit brakes.
like my road rash scar it will pull chicks.... well non riding ones.

Sorry that one was out of squids book of snobbery. Hayes are fine... most ppl have them. and its not like i run hope (too noisy)

mattvincent

Likes Dirt
the only problem with hayes are the grub screws winding out, which i have managed to fix for 85c and 20min. Other than that they are good enough for sombody my size.

Deniss

Likes Dirt
Ok?

If I Was You I Would Consult My Local Gp On That On. 'but I Have Never Burnt My Self With A Rota' .what Next You Will Chop Of One Of Your Fingers' .(it's People Like You That Mtb Riders A Bad Name)

scottmeister

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Deniss said:
If I Was You I Would Consult My Local Gp On That On. 'but I Have Never Burnt My Self With A Rota' .what Next You Will Chop Of One Of Your Fingers' .(it's People Like You That Mtb Riders A Bad Name)
I wish I came from Sydeny.

now, who in their right mind would WANT to live in sydney? packin in like sardines in a can, chinese people left right and center, id much prefer somewhere a bit colder, hobart maybe? :p