Rotorburn brotherhood courier service?

moorey

call me Mia
Just an idea for a thread on here, stolen from the Aussie Landrover Owners forum (AULRO)....And I don't think its on here, but maybe I missed it....

If people are travelling around the country or state, and have room for bigger items, or are seeking to get something moved that they have bought or sold, why not start a log on here of who is going where.

I don't mean for stuff like a stem or a set of brakes, but bigger stuff that is expensive to courier and Aus Post won't touch. Doesn't have to even be bike related.

I've used the AULRO service before, to both take stuff for others, and have it brought back. Always been happy to contribute some money for fuel, hassle etc, and i'd rather see the money go to help a burner than a courier if possible. Boxing up bulky items like bikes and frames is time consuming and expensive.....and i still don't always trust the couriers to treat it as nicely as a rider would.

What say you?

Trigger02

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Good idea Mooray, Plenty truck drivers would be happy to do it for a 6 pack and bragging rights

eyes

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Top idea - people do randomly post requests - but a dedicated thread is the way.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I like it! The thread could be the difference between making or losing a sale.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I would be worried it would be sent in a LANDROVER, who knows if or when it would arrive?????????????????????

Great idea though.

SprocketFury

Likes Bikes
+1. :high5: May not be as quick as postage or courier though because you'd have to wait for someone to announce a trip or orchestrate change-of-hands with the receiving party. For a lot of parts though, definitely cheaper.

rone

Eats Squid
I suppose it had to happen that sooner or later moorey would end up contributing positively to these forums :madgrin:

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Great idea. I have a ute and head to Blue MTNs and Jindabyne pretty often.
Reformed Landy owner here, Do miss the Disco. Just missed out on an Isuzu Stage 1 hella cheap with low KMs dang it.