Rotorburn, the new Farkin

Tazed

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You know you're on a good thing when there's this much discussion (read: complaining) when you change your 'product' name.
Take pride, dear ex-Farkin-owners/mods in what you have achieved. There will be many more non vocal members who are just fine with it now being rotorburn.
Like all in the design/advertising industry, I also have my opinion about the name and identity, but I'll keep that to myself (as it serves no real benefit to anyone to comment, as it's just opinion about the design) and look forward to seeing it all once completed.
Now, in true spirit, I'd like to see naysayers banned and all anti-rotorburn threads shut down!

wicksy-

Likes Dirt
I always thought Farkin was a completely bogan name anyway.

Having a vote would have been a disaster.
Greenpeace had a competition to name a whale.
His name is now Mr splashy pants.

Case closed.
I'd say that's more of a reflection on Greenpeace types than on polls in general...:D

jackmac91

Likes Dirt
I gotta say, Well done Scott! I remember the first time I ever heard the name "farkin" many a year ago. Twas at one of the king of Ballarat series. Jumped on the site and have been hooked since. I've never posted all that much even tho I've been here for a fair while. I recon your all a great bunch of blokes, bar one or two but even their entertaining!

I loved It as Farkin.net, I'll love it as rotorburn.com

But still, RIP Farkin. you will not be forgotten.

Robbie Mac

Black Phoenix Films
Its about time...

If it means i never have to say "get your barely teenage son to log onto farkin" ever ever again then i don't care what you call it. as long as it doesn't make the parents standing in front of me look at me weirder than when i tell them the bike their son wants is roughly the same amount as last months mortgage repayment.

RIP Farkin but Farkin hell its about time you guys got serious, well, clean. Whatever that means.

Robbie @ DRIFT BIKES

trotts7

Likes Bikes
Great work - will help local mtb development heaps

Love the name change, now our club can consider applying to have a club section put in the forums, something we have avoided whilst the name was farkin.

crashbash

Likes Bikes
Step in the right direction.

I like the new name and logo, a positive move in my opinion. I find it much easier to mention the new name in the company of children when talking to their parents at the local bmx track. Well done.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What's going to happen with the colour theme?

I quite liked the yellow and blue, i'd be a bit disappointed tbh if it turned into yet another red, white and black.

wootown

Likes Dirt
i see that the url is still farkin.net
will you be changing that or just leaving it the way it is
cheers

roboworm9000

Likes Dirt
thanks

i to say thanks, my mum and friends parents got the wrong idea when they popped their heads into the study and said what site are you on? "farkin" they were all like what!..... ow its about bikes!

cheers scott

E-thugin

Likes Dirt
I think the name change is good,

At the bike shop I work at people would ask what mtb sites there are, So instead of telling the customer out loud I would write it on a business card & hand it too them. Because I did get a few odd looks from customers & women when I would reccomend for someone to go on Farkin.net.

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
Maybe "Meet the Burners"?

As a .NET developer I have often thought "Farkin .NET!!", Rotorburn.com won't get quite the same mental use... :)
if it makes you feel any better rotorburn.net will work also :)