Rotorua Trip

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
If ur not a flog and too Australian u can tag on to whoever is around the forest. They’re pretty happy to have u onboard esp if ur enjoying the green Rasta bro.
theres 3/4 main hills and 2 of them end up at a shuttle so u can’t fuck it up too bad.
Accomodation just get either the backpackers or air bnb it. U can ride from town to the trails - just go in thru lynmore.
trail network is easy enough with the 2 pick ups for shuttles. Take an eeb if u don’t have the legs tho, but don’t think u can jump in on a session with locals on one.

bmar560

Likes Dirt
You don't need a guide. It's easy enough to explore the redwoods, get a shuttle pass. Make sure you ride Billy T, watch videos by new zealand mountain biking, they show the nice trails.

Ben-e

Captain Critter!
Thank you Brain Trust & Onion Growers.
Looks like flying in to Auckland, car & Air BNB in Rotorua.
From there I'll see what happens, $ aren't to bad.
I agree with the others; forget the travel package, they will sting you for $commission too. Arrange your own flights, accommodation, transfers from airport can be done impromptu via taxi, Uber or NZ's own 'Zoomy' (sweet as bro, chur).

Also, there are awesome mtb clubs in Rotovegas; you can let them know your coming and they will take you on trails, runs, shuttles etc. The bike community over there is super hospitable, great bunch of people.

NZ has bloody good beer too, my pick is Speights.
beeeer.png

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Following on from @Ben-e recommendation ffs stay away from all the Tui, Double Brown, Lion etc...no good will come of that.

I still (kinda) remember the day I switched from DB to Speights as a youth...good times.(apart from maybe the first 1/2 hour in the dunny the next morning pouring my arse through a eye of a needle). but it got me off the sweet sugary alcopop but the end result was being wend off the sweet/suger/chemical

Emersrons if you can get your hands on it is the go.....so good.

Last edited:

Ben-e

Captain Critter!
Following on from @Ben-e recommendation ffs stay away from all the Tui, Double Brown, Lion etc...no good will come of that.

I still (kinda) remember the day I switched from DB to Speights as a youth...good times.(apart from maybe the first 1/2 hour in the dunny the next morning pouring my arse through a eye of a needle). but it got me off the sweet sugary alcopop but the end result was being wend off the sweet/suger/chemical

Emersrons if you can get your hands on it is the go.....so good.
Haha yep Tui etc is undrinkable.

I polished off a case of OG Speights Summit (not the new lime shit..) in 3 days; no hangover. My mates and I were ashamed we loved Kiwi beer so much haha. There isn't much to like about NZ except for the trails, surf and beer. Some of the people are ok i guess haha