Round 1 VES - Ballarat 11 February

bunchie34

Likes Dirt
Great race, congrats Ballarat Sebastopol on a fun and well run race.

That rain near the end was shithouse though eh!

Virage Vitesse

Likes Bikes
Great race but what the hell was the deal with that MC? Stating that the men's solo category was the premier class that everyone had come to see?
As if it wasn't bad enough that he was divulging details of riders private lives as they rode past timing. OK, that was pretty funny, and after all we are one big happy mountain biking family anyway, and why shouldn't we hear about the gory details of friends vomiting in the shower.
And what the hell is he doing in my living room right now? I don't like the way he is looking at my pumpkin.

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Great race but what the hell was the deal with that MC? Stating that the men's solo category was the premier class that everyone had come to see?
As if it wasn't bad enough that he was divulging details of riders private lives as they rode past timing. OK, that was pretty funny, and after all we are one big happy mountain biking family anyway, and why shouldn't we hear about the gory details of friends vomiting in the shower.
And what the hell is he doing in my living room right now? I don't like the way he is looking at my pumpkin.
Why do you have a pumpkin in your living room?

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
Great race for sure!! And how awesome was having access to a hot shower after the it!

Btw any pics from the race?

Last edited:

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
Why do you have a pumpkin in your living room?
I wonder if it's a metaphor?

Oh, and a great event. I managed 8 laps. I bent a wheel, broke a spoke and got a flat(not all at once).
I thought it was a good track to kick off the year. It really was a track for everyone. It was not too hard, but I also think it was easy to smash your legs early. I was surprised I did more climbing here than at the 12 hour last week. I am also a lot more tired than last week.
The only critisism I could make was the food. I got off the bike at 4:30 and went to the food van only to be told "no food" But I did get a free tomato sauce sandwich. Yum!

redspecialized

Likes Bikes
Race Summary

To all riders who competed on Saturday, a big thankyou from BSCC MTB for making the event a huge success. Overall we had 186 senior competitors in the 3hr and 6 hr events. We also had 32 juniors who raced at 8:30am on a shortened track. This round raised almost $ 6,000 and this money will be given to Ballarat Cancer Research Centre in the coming days. Overall the Ballarat Spokes festival raised in excess of $ 150,000 for cancer research.

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
To all riders who competed on Saturday, a big thankyou from BSCC MTB for making the event a huge success. Overall we had 186 senior competitors in the 3hr and 6 hr events. We also had 32 juniors who raced at 8:30am on a shortened track. This round raised almost $ 6,000 and this money will be given to Ballarat Cancer Research Centre in the coming days. Overall the Ballarat Spokes festival raised in excess of $ 150,000 for cancer research.
$150k!! Wow that's an amazing effort! Congratulations to the organisers!!