Round # 7 Castlemaine RockyRiders " Jubberland Enduro " 28 th August

macboy

Likes Dirt
can't wait.

Can't wait to race Jubbaland again this year. I rode with the remnants of a chest infection last year and felt crap the whole race, plus my handle bars rattled loose which made the numerous rock sections 'fun' :) I might even tackle the 'A' line!

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
Can't wait to race Jubbaland again this year. I rode with the remnants of a chest infection last year and felt crap the whole race, plus my handle bars rattled loose which made the numerous rock sections 'fun' :) I might even tackle the 'A' line!
I expect you and your riding partner in crime to go one better on the podium at Jubbaland mate :)

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
I'm just hoping for another dry race :) Are you two going for matching blood again?
hopefully I won't fall this race :)
Going to do the XC race on Sunday to get a looksie of the 6 hour course - if it scares us too much we'll do the mixed pairs and go head to head with you and the triathlon queen :)

macboy

Likes Dirt
It's not scary at all. It's a sweet track. When you see the 'A' line you'll make up your mind pretty quickly if you want to tackle it or not.

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
It's not scary at all. It's a sweet track. When you see the 'A' line you'll make up your mind pretty quickly if you want to tackle it or not.
In scary I am judging how brutal any of the climbs are :p
Even thought it was a fireroad, I found the long climb on the Albury track pretty brutal at the 5 hour mark :p thank god for granny gears!

Does Jubbaland have anything similar? Guess I will find out on Sunday hey?!

Knut

Troll hunter
Jubbaland does not have that much climbing really. It's a course that I'd so much fun that racers wait all year for it. There is no brutallity, just shit tins of good trail. Put on by a really cool bunch of people. Make sure you get up there the night before for the festivities.

I reckon Norm might try and get better than second in the 16" dual slalom. I did say try.

Rocky Riders

Likes Bikes
Thanks to our generous sponsors we have secured over $5000 worth of prizes and giveaways, including an Avanti Aggressor Mountain Bike from Cycle Concepts Castlemaine to give away to a lucky participant. A week of sunshine will ensure the track will stay in its already great condition.

Great to see heaps of entries in already - we do need to cap numbers and there are no entries on the day, so get on over to the rocky riders website read all about it then get your entry in quick smart!

akashra

Eats Squid
Just a note for anyone coming from the Melbourne Eastern suburbs, Citylink is closed between 9PM and 9AM on the Saturday night/Sunday morning of the race - can't remember from where to where (there was a big flashing sign I saw yesterday on the way to Westgate), but it will essentially force you in to the inner suburbs.
Ie, Eastlink might be a better bet if you're heading up on Sunday morning.

akashra

Eats Squid
I didn't know about the tunnel closure - it was further up than that I was originally posting about. In a funny turn of events, Citylink is actually closed so they can do work on the bike path below on Gardiners Creek trail! :D
I guess it fit in well with the tunnel's scheduled maintenance period.

Citylink said:
27 August – Full inbound closure Toorak Road to Power Street (Domain Tunnel Closed for maintenance). Triple lane closure outbound Yarra Boulevard to Toorak Road.

Rocky Riders

Likes Bikes
I didn't know about the tunnel closure - it was further up than that I was originally posting about. In a funny turn of events, Citylink is actually closed so they can do work on the bike path below on Gardiners Creek trail! :D
I guess it fit in well with the tunnel's scheduled maintenance period.
Lucky we are offering free camping Saturday night - so avoid the traffic and early start Sunday morning, come on up Saturday cruise a lap of the track then enjoy the bonfire, music and the famous 16-inch eliminator!

jakecycles

Likes Bikes
Course Map

110823_jubba map.jpg

ENTRIES CLOSE THIS WEDNESDAY 24th AUGUST AT MIDNIGHT – ENTER NOW!

Not long now – the sun is shining, and forecasts suggest it will hang around all week.

Thanks to Cycle Concepts we have an Avanti Aggressor Mountain Bike to give away to a lucky entrant, as part of our $5000+ prize and giveaway pool thanks to our wonderful sponsors listed on the right. Visit their website and then visit them to show the appreciation of the Mountain Biking community.

The Theatre Royal will be keeping the tunes rolling throughout the weekend, as well as lots of yummy food & beverages in the trackside cafe, and MC Tim Sheedy will be on the mike keeping everyone honest throughout the day.

For those wanting to avoid the early Sunday morning drive, camping is free. Get on up and register Saturday, take a lap of the course then enjoy the bonfire and some premium 16-inch bmx dual eliminator under lights

See you on the weekend!

shwinboy

Likes Dirt
Photo0330.jpg

First place solo Men's and Women's trophies. Rural Steam Punk style. Worth winning to cuddle up to one of these bad boys.

shwinboy

Likes Dirt
Looking forward to this.

Anyone have gear ratio advice for a single speeder? Many steep ups?
2:1 is ok for the strong. 32: 18 is mostly comfortable for the weekend warrior type and there is only one spot where you'll spin out against the geared riders.