Round Australia Trip with the Navy

bmx

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Currently on a round Australia trip with my ship in the Navy. Got my bikes packed and ready to roll. This is my photo diary of the trip.

Strapped down and ready for sea.

Dili, East Timor. The only thing to ride here was down like 2000 steps. Took 25 minutes to climb up here and about 4 litres of sweat. And literally 1 minute to get down. Nice view, too bad the country is only just recovering from the destruction of war. Can describe it as the s*** part of Bali you don't visit.

Some of the greatest and funniest guys you will ever meet. Leaving Dili.

We work hard in the engineering department. The ship runs 24 hours a day and so do we. Sometimes the smallest things makes the shift so much easier.......

The ship was over there to do charity work for communities that were effected greatly from the war, and dropping off school desks, chairs and books for the primary schools.

Whip some crappy hip thingy at Leanyer Skatepark, Darwin. Soooo hot.

Flip the gap at the same park.

Still have Brisbane, Sydney (multiple times), Melbourne, Hobart and Adelaide to go.

Last edited:

bmx

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah sweet sensai, where abouts do you live?

Some new shots on my new camera whilest out at sea. First time I've ever seen the gun fire, spend most my time in engine spaces.

Crazy looking Japanese ship parked up with us

Whip in Darwin at another angle

bikesarefun

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Oh - you're a BXMican too. Might have to factor in a Saturday session at Castle Cove jumps when you're around. It's about 10 minutes from Oxford Falls.

bmx

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Went to Mt Wellington, Hobart, today. Had to ride solo as there was 2 of us, 1 van and 1 bike. Few basic snaps, nothing special.

Got my mrs to bring over the V10 frame I purchased from a member on here just before I left. Built it up in the workshop on the ship. Back spring is far too hard, but I'll deal with it until I get home.

Cam dropping into the start of Radford's Track. His first time downhilling.

First rock garden.

Dinged my rims. Fastest rock garden I've done.

Went to Tolosa Mountain Bike park. Would've been cool if I had a XC/AM with me. Jumps were shit. Completely misjudged the mellow lip, overshot the jump by miles and landed on my knees. Now my knees are stuffed. Hope they're alright for Melbourne next week, I'll be spending my time at Rampfest and Knox.

nathanm

Eats Squid
ah dude, you should've posted up you were coming. There were guys out shuttling all weekend on the mountain, could've gotten in a bunch of runs. Hope you enjoyed your time anyhow, and don't worry, we've all dinged rims on radfords.

bmx

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I did, in the downhill section. Oh well I had fun. Probably end up in Hobart again

mcstackin

Likes Bikes
That is awesome how you get your bike around . I thought i was doing alright strapping my 08 glory to my 70 ton excavator so a i can ride to the smoko hut and back .That just kicked my arse. Ride on where ever, when ever.

walkietalkie

Likes Dirt
Thanks for the service BMX.
My webbing didnt have a bike mount so humping 20 clicks with a bike on my back would have been too hard!! ;)
If you hit the Goldy... look us up! Do anything over at RIMPAC this year?

Cheers

bmx

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No, that was HMAS Perth and HMAS Darwin. We met up with them in Darwin, which ended up being a massive piss-up. Being a Marine Technician, I have access to a lot of areas. My bikes are sprayed down with WD-40 and kept in a ventilation casing above the hanger. We've got 3 bikes in there at the moment, two being mine.

I was on the Goldy for a day, and I would've had my bike if circumstances didn't suddenly change. I was going to hit every good skatepark from Brissie down to Byron to visit a mate. Would've had so many more photos.

Really looking forward to Melbourne. Rampfest's resi-ramp will help me get my confidence back after my ankle reconstruction.