Royal National Park Coverage in Leader Community Paper

metrics

Likes Bikes
Hi all,

Just a heads up that there is an article in the St George and Sutherland Shire leader newspaper on the trail work and development future of the Royal National Park trails. Big article on the third page which you can also read here.

Some fairly good coverage with only a little bit of negative press at the end. Certainly more positive than the article from just over a year ago.

Make sure you vote on the survey and maybe post some (smart) comments on the site.

metrics

Last edited:

Sutek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This is positive news. The trail network in that area has been received with mixed emotion, but it's about time walkers let down their guard too. The riders who have been using RNP trails since the program began have mostly adhered to rules and I know we can all co-exist.

It's a big place and the scope is huge.

Just gotta get rid of those 'suspicious' men that park and just seem to wander off into the bush.....:mad:

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
TRIAL SUCCESS

THE Royal National Park trial had been very successful, said Jon Irvin, of the Metro Mountain Bike Club.

Mr Irvin, of Bexley North, regularly leads groups of riders into the park on the approved tracks.

‘‘We work together to maintain and armour- proof the trails and that makes them more interesting and controlled,’’ he said.

‘‘It also makes them safer for less experienced riders.’’
Interesting.

Bjorn

Likes Dirt
I voted in the poll and commented in the comments.
There seems to be a movement among Parks leadership, at least in Vic. and NSW to get MTBers "into the tent" and accepted as park users. In the the last 20 years I've watched things go from tolerated but illegal, to illegal and enforced and now heading towards legal and embraced (a bit).
Congratulations to those tireless MTB advocates who have stood up for us.