RST Springs

Mommers

Likes Dirt
I got my new bike today (yukon) which came with RST Gilas. I will be keeping these for atleast another 4-5months when I have money to buy some decent forks. The only problem with these is that the fork is wayyyy to soft, when sitting on the bike i have atleast 2.5'' of sag. and they are not far from bottoming out from jumping of a gutter. Can you get heavier springs for these forks?? and how much would they cost??

Thanks.

wombat

Lives in a hole
Don't like your chances. RST are without (and have been for a while) and Australian distributor.

lupine128

Likes Bikes and Dirt
if you want to go to the effort, pull your sping/elastomer stack out, and go to your LBS. if they want to spend a bit of time looking and digging they should be able to come up with something for you.
old memories surface of '00 judy springs fitting, but i'm not sure. ask them.
just remember tho, that thn your damping will be gone (such as you have), and the caps may not be strong enough to stay attached to the legs properly.
worth having a look into tho.

Rik

logged out
These forks are so simple that you can chuck in some extra stiff elastomers without worrying too much about compatability. Hopefully your local store will have some random bits for ya fork, and it should work without a hassle.