Rudd Resigns as Foreign Minister

moto_guy

Banned
Hopefully he will be apart of the stealth attack on a sitting prime minister that weaseled her way into the role.

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I had picked this one out. To be honest I'm just glad I don't have to listen to the words 'leadership' and 'speculation' in every bit news update that clogs my radio!

Matt H

Eats Squid
Call an early election so we can ditch the entire party.
It's a pity the libs have one of the most unlikeable leaders on the planet. I'd probably vote for Turnbull. Unless something major happens before the election I don't think there's a single person or party that deserves to win.

John U

MTB Precision
I am fuckin sick and tired of hearing about faceless men and the media's constant howling for this to happen.

Would it be too much too ask that if this move by Rudd ends up in a leadership vote for the labour party that the media give up on the leadership speculation and references to faceless men. Somehow I don't so.

I don't think Julia Gillard has done a bad job under difficult circumstances. Disappointing to see her fold on the mandatory pre-commitment on pokies reform.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
vote for leadership on

my guess is either Crean, or the darkhorse Shorten

the libs fear Shorten, but he is a rank outsider- Gillard will only win if no centre candidate comes forward - ala yes minister/prime minister episode

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
This race to the bottom has sunk so low that I reckon that I've probably got more chance of getting the Prime Ministers role in a general election than the sorry shower of inept loathsome fuckwits that are in contention just now.

We'd probably have to move the office away from Canberra to somewhere a bit nicer and closer to the sea but f*** it, if it spares us from either of the Three Stooges, I'm happy to throw my hat in the ring!

FR Drew

Not a custom title.
Rudd is an overworking, non consensus seeking micromanaging workaholic control freak who had to go.
Gillard has flip flopped and watered down nearly every policy she has gone near.

Brace yourselved folks, but I'm about to say something positive about John Howard...

He had the balls to have a policy that he believed in and implement it. "I was voted in, I have the numbers, I don't give a rats if you or any other pressure group don't like it, I'm doing it."

None of this "ooh, what do clubs Australia say, what do the unions say, what does the small business council say, what does the telegraph say, what do every single state say, what do the farmers in Griffith say..."

Abbott hasn't got a clue, he has nothing to offer aside from bitch about what everyone else is doing, but OMG, would someone stick their head up and offer some freaking leadership??!! This is insane.

scblack

Leucocholic
Rudd is an overworking, non consensus seeking micromanaging workaholic control freak who had to go.
Gillard has flip flopped and watered down nearly every policy she has gone near.

Brace yourselved folks, but I'm about to say something positive about John Howard...

He had the balls to have a policy that he believed in and implement it. "I was voted in, I have the numbers, I don't give a rats if you or any other pressure group don't like it, I'm doing it."

None of this "ooh, what do clubs Australia say, what do the unions say, what does the small business council say, what does the telegraph say, what do every single state say, what do the farmers in Griffith say..."

Abbott hasn't got a clue, he has nothing to offer aside from bitch about what everyone else is doing, but OMG, would someone stick their head up and offer some freaking leadership??!! This is insane.
I agree with almost all the above.
:single_eye:

BUT Abbott has not HAD to show any leadership! He has just been able to sit back and have the Labor party hand him the next election. He is in OPPOSITION, it is his JOB to oppose the sitting government, and to carry the views of the people who voted against the Labor party. It is NOT the opposition party's place to pass legislation they disagree with.

Labor doesn't have any direction, is unable to formulate policy and certainly cannot implement anything.

The just released Education paper by Gonski is a perfect example. Gillard set up this review, it has taken two years to prepare, and by all accounts has some excellent ideas to improve our children's education. But now the retired rocksinger and Gillard are saying they have to pass the review onto a thinktank for THEM to suggest how to implement the recommendations. And Gillard's only response is to try and throw up the budget surplus as being more important. Their only response is to pass the baton onto someone else and, as FRDrew says, not show ANY balls to make a decision.

I don't particularly like Abbott and in the years past hated him too. But at least he has the conviction to state a position and follow it through. He has his views and he sticks to them. His religious zealotry seems to be quietening down. And he has a party around him who are able to actually implement policy, as shown from the Howard years.

You guys know I dislike Labor, they are a weak shambles and this shows them unable to run their own PARTY, let alone the country.

FR Drew

Not a custom title.
Hmm, I'm not sure Abbott has any policy or position on anything aside from complain loudly 24/7.

Certainly yet to hear him put any policy position forward on what he'd do if he was in power.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Its a 2 headed dragon... either way they don't represent the people anymore

Yep, I agree. The industry I work in has had some pretty useless shit dealt to it by Labor and the trade was better off under the Liberal Government. I didn't vote the current party in and I don't vote for the person so I couldn't care less if the PM is Gillard or Fudd, they are just a spokesperson for the pen pushers underneath them. In saying that, I reckon we could use a better looking female PM, say.............Elle Macpherson?

TonyG

Likes Dirt
Hmm, I'm not sure Abbott has any policy or position on anything aside from complain loudly 24/7.

Certainly yet to hear him put any policy position forward on what he'd do if he was in power.
Yep i agree, I think the "cream of the crap" at the moment has to be Turnbull (Libs), Shorten (Lab) or Smith (Lab).

willsy01

Eats Squid
I highly doubt Shorten will get in. He's married to the Governor General's daughter......pretty big conflict of interest there.

Doesn't matter who gets in though, we're fucked either way.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
ANYONE is better than letting the Mad Monk have carte blanche. PoSM for PM, Johnny for Foreign Minister, Arete for Treasurer and S. for deputy PM i reckon.