Rune v2/ Transition Covert/ Bronson / Liteville 601

serge0007

Likes Dirt
Rune V2 for sure. With the right setup it rides like a downhill bike, but it can get up the hill too.

I've got one and it's honestly the best bike I've ever ridden, the geo is great and the suspension is fantastic, even when running a cheaper RP23 shock. Active and super plush without bogging down and feeling mushy. Like, really plush, but still playful. The head angle is pretty slack, but I've got a downhill background so I ride it aggressively and it loves it. Definitely a downhiller's trail bike.

My previous bike was a Transition Bandit, it was fun but the low single pivot of Transitions meant that I found myself getting hooked up on rocks and square edges quite a lot. The Banshee is a lot faster down the rough shit, the virtual pivot really helps a lot.

I rode my Rune at a downhill race the other weekend, it coped fine. Only really felt out of it's element on the super gnarly rock gardens where you really can use 200mm of travel.

The frame's pretty heavy compared to your other options, but I personally don't mind, I find it keeps the bike stable. The rear end is ridiculously stiff with the short linkages and thru axle.

I personally have no experience with a Liteville or Bronson but I'd say the Bronson would be a close second choice. Light, awesome VPP suspension, and good geo.
Awesome just the type of review I was after

effarr

Likes Dirt
I picked the Rune over the Meta for a number of reasons including shock selection (Cane Creek DB air), geo adjustability, suspension design, and regular cable routing (as opposed to internal on the Meta). A number of reviews and people I've heard from say the internal cable routing is a bitch in terms of practicality, and cables can rattle internally. I run my Rune with a single front chainring and MRP AMG guide, and the bike is virtually silent under power - no rattles.

I'd be happy to give a full ride report but I haven't had enough time in the saddle yet. From my experience thus far I'd be confident in saying the Rune is a bike anyone would be happy with (especially if it's the cheapest on your list!)

Leon

Scott101

Likes Dirt
I looked at the Bronson, Covert and Rune and ended up with none! However I did go for a Banshee Prime and it will come with the DBair CS.

What turned me off the Covert most of all is that the dude in melb that sells them appears to have no idea about the bikes let alone mountain biking at all. He told me 3 different stories about why the bike was a custom build and was brand new. Someone may get a bargain there. And that their sizing is a bit small.

Ben at singletracks for the banshees has been very helpful with the purchase and build process. Highly recommended