S.C.U.M & NSWMTB AM Racing.

crazyjose

Likes Dirt
I went out this morning with Russ and we made some of the more stop starty corners flow a bit easier.

The track is looking really good too.

As Pat said the shuttle back to the top is easy and its probably going to be quicker to ride it.

Here is the strava segment from today http://app.strava.com/rides/7431890#139128781

We did clear a nice turn around section today though

even better bring along your Santa Cruz, uphill rides no probs :pirate:

OKA

Squid
The benifits of registering online for The All Mountain State Series Rd 2

1. It makes it easier for our caterers to estimate how much food to bring. This means not running out of food and drinks and the most important people (competitors) not going hungry.

2. Having a race plate printed up with your name on it. Nice for the wall of your bike den.

3. Quicker rego. This means MORE ride time for you. Just rock up tell us your name, flash your MTBA lic., get your plate, put it on your bike then ride. Easy.
Just visit www.mtba.asn.au
Click on 'Events' tab (between News and Videos)
Scroll down to May 6 NSW State AM Series Rd2 and click on 'enter event'.
Follow promts.
Easy as.

Look forward to seeing you all there.

Russ

Last edited:

OKA

Squid
Question guys I thought funnel web was to over grown to use, yet it doesn't look like it in this vid taken on
Weekend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhF6lxBRmiU&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Funnelweb is in pretty good condition at the moment, but it is 100% DH. It would require a substantial amount of work to make it dual purpose (DH and AM).
It is on SCUM's agenda(new committee pending) to look at making Funnelweb dual purpose. We will also look at other suitable venues to build a dedicated AM track.
It all takes time.
Note: Dual purpose dosen't mean we plan on 'dumbing down' the existing track. It will be two tracks but some parts may/will be shared.

Last edited:

OKA

Squid
Has there been any Directions posted up
Have a look here www.scum.asn.au/index.html
click on the All Mountain event in the calendar then click map

If travelling south go thru Nowra and South Nowra. There are road works going on in South nowra and the speed limit is 40 and 60.
About 1k after the road works look for Forest rd on the left, signs will direct you to Currarong. Turn left here.
6km along Forest rd you will be at the parking area for the event.

Similar if you are travelling north but no road works and you'll be turning right.

Russ

Dreggsy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Dammit, I was keen as to do this race,
Money and an expired license will keep me in old Sydney town this weekend.
Shame as it is a part of the MTBA series.

burkie

Likes Bikes
If they can't do a half double decaffeinated half-caf, with a twist of lemon, then I'm not coming.

DunkMan

Likes Bikes
Map, directions etc

Map for the event (in google maps) here

Directions: see Russ' (OKA) post above, before the Bartle-do do-do

Online Entries are open until late Friday night. Stop me feeling guilty for not helping with rego etc by entering online. It really helps those giving up their time to make the day work for us all.

Last edited:

sruge

Likes Dirt
Track is good to go and the guys riding it today loved it.

Make the trip and have some fun tomorrow.
Made the trip - had fun. Great weather, really well run event by a great bunch of people, good vibe all day. No, the track wasn't as gnarly as Ourimbah (thankfully for me at least!), but it had true AM elements, was a bit tricky, but highly rewarding, to ride fast - but most of all it was fun, which is what I'm guessing most of us do it for.