S-Works Epic ... good?

digitalformula

Likes Bikes
Awesome!
Glad you found what you were looking for!
I'll be hitting up Kristjan for my commission this weekend. :)
Lol, I'll even put in a good word for you, if you want. Not sure what they'd say if I told them "czecharch" sent me, though ... ;-)

As for the noise of the inertia valve; I urge you just to try to stop thinking about it. It's what makes the bike work so well over obstacles. If you try to mechanically tune the fork so it doesn't make the sound, you're losing the main benefit.
Inertia valve - that's the term I was looking for. I haven't even taken the bike off-road properly yet so I'll be definitely giving it due beans before I make any sort of rash decision about whether or not I care too much about the sound (especially if it's supposed to be there - if so, fine with me).

Had a worrying moment today, on my first ride (just went out to get the saddle positioning etc all dialled in).

Dropped by Total Rush to ask about another frame they can get (for a mate) and asked them something about the fork. They did some stuff and, during the process, checked the air pressure and told me that the fork is leaking air and won't hold pressure. They put more air in - it came straight out. They definitely weren't making it up as everyone (including me) could clearly tell the air was coming straight out. They were so sure that the fork is losing air that they said don't even bother trying to put air in it myself.

So, I ended up riding home with no air in the fork and with the brain set to max so that it was at least road-rideable.

But, me being the pedantic S.O.B that I am, got home, got my fork pump on there and threw 110psi into the fork ... it's currently holding perfectly fine and working 100% normally.

Not sure what to make of it all yet, but I suspect their pump may be on the fritz as mine pumped the fork up without any problems.

*shrug*