s24o riding - Anyone been doing it?

thelankyman

Likes Dirt
For those of you that arent familiar with a S240 the idea is to go for a short bikepacking trip carrying your camping gear and be back in 24hours. It means that you dont have to set aside an entire weekend, allows you to get in some riding and to get away from the city for a night and enjoy the easy life

http://www.bikecommuters.com/2008/06/24/what-is-a-s24o-only-the-greatest-thing-ever/

So I am heading out next Friday the 9th April after work for a S240 along the Yarra River. Basically just follwoing the MTB trails to Westerfolds and then exploring upriver from there. The Ride will involve some night time riding on Friday night and camping somewhere along the river. If anyone want to join me they are most welcome. The idea is to travel light and enjoy the trails.

Anyone else here been doing similar expeditions and what have your experience been like?

thelankyman

Likes Dirt
Starting from the city and riding upriver. So basically doing all the legal sections. A last long ride before I do the Nemesis the following weekend