Sad but true gumtree ad content

DTBrad

Likes Bikes
Normally don't take too much notice of what people put in their ads for bikes on gumtree but found the attached quote for a Kona Colair extremely funny.

The bike itself looks ok but in no way relates to the figures.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Unfortunately that price was not unheard of when this bike was current. I'd like to know what brakes were worth $999?

DTBrad

Likes Bikes
The worrying thing it's a valuation which should reflect replacement costs. I am pretty sure you could be at least two sets of pretty good brakes for $999

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
The worrying thing it's a valuation which should reflect replacement costs. I am pretty sure you could be at least two sets of pretty good brakes for $999
Shirley they're 6 pot Brembos with ceramic discs.....

camo71

Likes Dirt
Yeh I don't recall seeing action bikes there , there's a 99 near there now .
No expert but they kinda look like avid juicy brakes , fkn lol I had a set and to me they weren't worth $99

Flow-Rider

Burner
Yeh I don't recall seeing action bikes there , there's a 99 near there now .
No expert but they kinda look like avid juicy brakes , fkn lol I had a set and to me they weren't worth $99
The brakes look like the bulky avid juicy carbons of that era with that thick bar clamp and blackish looking lever.
Business looks a bit suspect, no ABN on the stamp of the quote and the name is still active at that address with asic but not renewed.
https://connectonline.asic.gov.au/R...ecentSearchId=0&_adf.ctrl-state=19t275r9h6_37

Last edited:

slowmick

38-39"
Avanti did the Hammer that year with the XT 4 pots. The local bike shop bought a bunch and split them up for parts. It was the cheapest way to get the brakes at the time.

camo71

Likes Dirt
The brakes look like the bulky avid juicy carbons of that era with that thick bar clamp and blackish looking lever.
Business looks a bit suspect, no ABN on the stamp of the quote and the name is still active at that address with asic but not renewed.
https://connectonline.asic.gov.au/R...ecentSearchId=0&_adf.ctrl-state=19t275r9h6_37
Yeh there was a bike shop there awhile back , I don't remember the name though, maybe they went bust when 99 opened down the road or no one could afford any thing there by the looks :)

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I thought Action Bikes closed down years ago ? Is it the original 2006 quoted price ?
With nosebleeder prices like that then there might be a reason for their downfall.

Estimated new prices != used old bike Gumtree prices. I feel no pity if hordes of Gumtree weirdo's that usually want freebies turn up on their doorstep and ask 'How much for cash' and lick their palms ready to handshake on a low hundred's $$$ deal.

moorey

call me Mia
If its any consolation they are still shit hot brakes.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
They were better than most contemporary brakes (not the hope m4 that came on my 222), but still shite compared to a half decent modern set.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
He needs to park his car in a dodgy housing estate with the bike on the roof... $7.9k is going to get him a sweet new bike, if its actually insured...