Safe driving this easter...

Dane

Likes Dirt
For those of you hitting the road this easter, I wish you a safe drive. One of the boys who came wakeboarding with me last weekend hit a Roo. Turned out to be an expensive weekend. Luckily only the Roo was injured.
Good Luck
Dane

Renegade

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Damn thats some tight damage from a roo, and thank god skippy survived. Safe driving to all!

and1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
dromana7411 said:
if your going to go out hitting roos you need one of these...

a roo dozer...

only damage from a roo is the little dents on the front 1/4er... after hitting a big roo at 100k.
can I ask what pride/joy/entertainment you get out of hitting our nations emblem at excessive speeds? Sounds like a pretty stupid thing to me...

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
dromana7411 said:
a roo dozer...
No relation. ;)

What a wanker. That car would look good with a D9 blade going through it.
The sticker combined with the P plate equals.........Johnny Law. Is there any way that car would not be a target for the cops?
Change the sticker I reckon......

dromana7411

Likes Dirt
can I ask what pride/joy/entertainment you get out of hitting our nations emblem at excessive speeds? Sounds like a pretty stupid thing to me...
that i get to then skin them, then butcher them into roast, steaks, and other assortments for myself and others to eat... and to keep the overcrowded population of roos in my area down.

No relation. ;)

What a wanker. That car would look good with a D9 blade going through it.
The sticker combined with the P plate equals.........Johnny Law. Is there any way that car would not be a target for the cops?
Change the sticker I reckon......
to answer your question... never been pulled over... police seem to go for people breaking the law...

(sorry about the late reply... dont use this forum mutch)

Gekigengar

Likes Dirt
um.. .. If you really want to warn divers this easter about driving .. check this out ...

MOD EDIT - We really do NOT need photos like that here on our lovey MTB site. If you really have to see them PM Gekigengar direct and get the link from him... but do NOT post it or the photos here.

if this link dosnt work ill post some pics up...

oh.. might take a while .. but its worth it

WARNING GRAPHIC IMAGES!!!!

or just dont scroll down past the 1st 4 images........

MORAL OF THE STORY DONT SPEEED!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

jonot

Likes Dirt
um.. .. If you really want to warn divers this easter about driving .. check this out ...

MOD EDIT - We really do NOT need photos like that here on our lovey MTB site. If you really have to see them PM Gekigengar direct and get the link from him... but do NOT post it or the photos here.

if this link dosnt work ill post some pics up...

oh.. might take a while .. but its worth it
THAT LINK IS NSFW

Don't open if you have a weak stomach. Has charred/badly burned dead bodies/very graphic imagery.

Also, try next easter buddy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member

MORAL OF THE STORY DONT SPEEED!!!!
I highly suggest you get rid of that link and not post any images like that on farkin. It does show that speeding is dangerous and it does also show what can happen but it isn't something that people would enjoy clicking on.

Superman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I highly suggest you get rid of that link and not post any images like that on farkin. It does show that speeding is dangerous and it does also show what can happen but it isn't something that people would enjoy clicking on.
Did Farkin click the link, or did you?

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
We really do NOT need photos like that here on our lovey MTB site. If you really have to see them PM Gekigengar direct and get the link from him... but do NOT post it or the photos here.

danv

Likes Dirt
dromana7411 you are a toolkit. Thanks for maintaining a reputation that is completely destructive for all 4wdrives, offroaders, and petrol heads. I can only guess you haven't been pulled over because a. the cops are too dumb to understand the sticker and b. because the cops in dromana probably think you're a hero.

Sorry but you are in fact a douche.

danv

Likes Dirt
What! You guys have more than 1 cop in your town? We only get one down here, his name is Mick.
Hehe I wish I lived on French Island. They have none!

Sorry if there's any cops who see this, especially if you are from the Mornington peninsula. I just have a completely unjustified premature judgements about the whole of the area from Mornington peninsula to Cape Patterson.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Okey dokey, the name calling can stop now.

Please feel free to continue discussion, but any more abuse will incur a ban (except for Grip...).

danv

Likes Dirt
how do i mantain the reputation of complete destruction? by saying that i have hit a roo...(when this is how the subject started) when about to hi an animal that size common sense is to brake hard... thus dropping the front of the car down, allowing for the animal to come over the car into you, or do more damage. when its completly unavoidable, you keep the speed, and or acelerate so the front lifts up, and the animal goes under. or off to the side.
same thing train drivers do when they have cows, ect on the tracks, there taught to speed up.

also... why would a sticker encourage police to pull me over? iv got plenty more stickers on the car now aswell...same deal, havnt been pulled over..

by saying stuff like that your just showing how mtbers ark up about things when they dont know the full facts. what a wanker...
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I don't know why i'm bothering, but hopefully you might actually listen to something I say.

You're completely missing the point as well as not understanding me. The best way to hit a roo has nothing to do with anything. I said you are maintaing a completely destructive reputation because you are [B]ruining[/B] our reputation. Plastering stickers on your car that basically give people the idea that you delibirately run over wildlife, enjoy and are proud of it; means that people view you as someone who causes all the kinds of problems that make people hate petrol heads and offroaders across the board. You are advertising that you fit all the stereotypes they have of offroad users - aggresive yobbos who don't give a shit about the environment or other people. And the more the general public sees offroaders, and car lovers, as dickheads who will do the wrong thing, the more problems we have with land access, legal rights, and the ability to just do car and offroad stuff we want to do responsibly without being seen as yobbos and idiots who ruin the environment and don't give a shit.

Are you proud of the fact that you kill kangaroos?

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
Okey dokey, the name calling can stop now.

Please feel free to continue discussion, but any more abuse will incur a ban (except for Grip...).
Stuff that! Some people and their attitudes are worth getting a ban over and I'll gladly lay my head on the block when I come across them... but you're right, johnny... I should never have called him an idiot

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I don't know why i'm bothering, but hopefully you might actually listen to something I say.

You're completely missing the point as well as not understanding me. The best way to hit a roo has nothing to do with anything. I said you are maintaing a completely destructive reputation because you are [B]ruining[/b] our reputation. Plastering stickers on your car that basically give people the idea that you delibirately run over wildlife, enjoy and are proud of it; means that people view you as someone who causes all the kinds of problems that make people hate petrol heads and offroaders across the board. You are advertising that you fit all the stereotypes they have of offroad users - aggresive yobbos who don't give a shit about the environment or other people. And the more the general public sees offroaders, and car lovers, as dickheads who will do the wrong thing, the more problems we have with land access, legal rights, and the ability to just do car and offroad stuff we want to do responsibly without being seen as yobbos and idiots who ruin the environment and don't give a shit.

Are you proud of the fact that you kill kangaroos?
I don't know why you're bothering, danv... the car and the attitude says it all. And see... I didn't use the word IDIOT at all:p