Salsa bikes - where do I get one (or two)?

Aerosmith

Likes Bikes
Hi All,
Anyone know a good Victorian dealer or are they easier to get from OS?
Thinking of a Fargo and Mukluk.

Cheers

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi All,

Cheers
mate got his salsa Pistola online from usa, cost him $1800 to build it up compared to $3200 from lbs ~ no brainer where i would shop.

Smiker

Likes Dirt
I think it's best to stay local for bike builds - maybe that's an outdated view? You said Victoria, but if you're ever in Sydney go see Adam at City Bike Depot. He knows Salsa really well, especially fat bikes!

DW-1

Dirt Works
mate got his salsa Pistola online from usa, cost him $1800 to build it up compared to $3200 from lbs ~ no brainer where i would shop.
for a discontinued model like that... I'd agree.

For a while there, Salsa USA was dumping old season and (about to be) discontinued bikes to US mailorder at below their own cost to move them. I saw them online for a hell of a lot less than I paid for them.

Currently however... Salsa US is sold out of almost everything in bikes.

Elvis.

bradbike

Likes Bikes
Hi All,

Cheers
Try Ari at trailhead bike co in anglesea,he's a one man band bike shop so the service is magic and he's a great bloke too,cheers brad

Aerosmith

Likes Bikes
for a discontinued model like that... I'd agree.

For a while there, Salsa USA was dumping old season and (about to be) discontinued bikes to US mailorder at below their own cost to move them. I saw them online for a hell of a lot less than I paid for them.

Currently however... Salsa US is sold out of almost everything in bikes.

Elvis.
Would next round of stock be 2013 models? A Fargo Ti frame and fork are at the top of my list.

ozynigma

Likes Dirt
Hi All,

Cheers
Salsa bikes are distributed by Dirtworks and most bike shops can order a frame from them.

See Dirtworks site for models and colours available.

I was thinking of building a Salsa Vaya a year ago but ended up buying a Surly Troll instead. Also through my LBS and Dirtworks. With a discount offered it was cheaper than buying from Wiggle.

If its within a few hundred dollars I would buy a frame locally every time for the warranty. Reality with an imported frame is it will usually not be worth the expense of a warranty claim.

at the drive in

Likes Dirt
Try iRide bikes on King street in Melbourne.

They have a few frames in stock and ive also seen them do a few real nice build's with Salsa's.

Once again small shop with passionate staff that offer great deals.