Sam Hill Andorra WC Crash

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The first video is amazing just to show how damn fast they go. On proshot TV footage you don't always get that perspective. Shame the second filmer stuffed up. :(

silver rocket

Silver Rocket Productions
A stills version.... :p

There are some crazy frames at the end! I reckon the snow might have saved more serious injury...

Last edited:

mike-

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks like as he came down he just bottomed the front and back out, and the harsh bottom out blew off his left foot and he fell to top tube. From there it just got all loose and sketchy and he got high sided.

chuckrockswell

iRide Bikes
funny, when i was watching it live, as Sam went over the blind top looking from above you could see a couple of guys put their hands on their heads in dismay and i wondered if he'd crashed...... bingo!

frdlvr

Likes Dirt
I think he was very lucky he landed in the snowy slush, it took most of the impact and spat him out.......

He is unreal. From what i remember the fastest other guys through the speed trap just before that part of the track were big guys like Kovarik, Peat and Minnar and they hit 51-2, Hill comes through and hits just over 54, mental. For a guy of his size to be carrying that much more speed is crazy. Plus he already put 1.6 into Peats time and he was only 45 seconds into the course, crazy. Then he ends up only down by 5 seconds. He is a true freak. I only hope that we get to see another one of his magical and crazy runs come together again soon. What an amazing bike rider he is...

dhd

Downhill Direct
He even crashes stylishly.....
If he didn't go down there was gunna be a whole can of whoopass opened. I reckon that crash would have cost him at least 10 seconds. Think about it. By my counting from the crash to being back on the bike was about 6 seconds....then how long would it take him to get back up to speed?.....

Smooth King

Likes Bikes and Dirt
He binned it so hard..
He just got straight back up and kept going.

Who needs steriod. Im hitting Monster !! :rolleyes:

Tazed

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks like the classic front-end-landing-over-balance-hit-an-obstacle-while-sitting-on-the-top-tube type of stack! Crap, how many times have I done that?
Lucky boy, really. He came off pretty well, all things considered - bike still rideable and no injuries to speak of.
Freak!

takai

Eats Squid
Looks like the classic front-end-landing-over-balance-hit-an-obstacle-while-sitting-on-the-top-tube type of stack! Crap, how many times have I done that?
Lucky boy, really. He came off pretty well, all things considered - bike still rideable and no injuries to speak of.
Freak!
Im impressed that he could still pedal. Last time i did that i wasnt walking right for a couple of days, and my goolies felt like they were in my chest.