Sam Hill OUT

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Meh, he was out last year and still handed them their arse at the worlds. Can he repeat that effort? Maybe this is all a big front for him to do some secret training!:rolleyes:

murphnat

Likes Dirt
Its all good. He is just using the same tactic that he used at MSA worlds. He will recover for Champery and then get a dry race run and smoke all of the boys.

Minnarr battled with is sholder for a while. I hope Sam can have a fast recovery and come back next season and take a clean sweep again.

Odissius

Likes Dirt
Man that sucks!!! Biggest personality of the top boys, makes watching the videos way more interesting. Don't know how much of Aaron Gwinn thanking god I can handle...

niz16

Likes Bikes
ahhhhh, gutted for sam, he didnt seem himself on the bike this season so far, get yourself sorted out sam and come bac faster than ever

drivebytrucker

Likes Dirt
Man that sucks!!! Biggest personality of the top boys, makes watching the videos way more interesting. Don't know how much of Aaron Gwinn thanking god I can handle...
hardly the biggest personality, i think someone like Gracia might take that one. more like the biggest ego.

Ok so anyone who knows me knows i'm not a sam hill fan, i will however bow to the fact that when he is on, he is on. but of late hes been getting worse, he breaks his apparent reclusiveness to give interviews in which he makes comments about his tattoos and his individualism and a bit of a rebelious attitude and wanting to be doing the new things he does. sorry Sam Palmer did it years ago, as good as you are your not new and wont change thgame the way Palmer did. Plus ever since his interview last season when he claimed he felt he could have the ultimate or perfect year (win every race and title) his form has dropped allbeit injury induced, but hey maybe Gwin thanking god should be a lesson. i'm not a gwin fan iether, or a god fan.

When sam hill gets over himself and reverts back to being mr quiet in the corner i'm sure he will return to his former glory, and then Gee and Minnaar will have their race run.

Last edited:

indica

Serial flasher
Bottom left of the picture - half his right hand is missing.
Sam Hill in Amputation crash. OMFG.

Moodge

Likes Dirt
hardly the biggest personality, i think someone like Gracia might take that one. more like the biggest ego.

Ok so anyone who knows me knows i'm not a sam hill fan, i will however bow to the fact that when he is on, he is on. but of late hes been getting worse, he breaks his apparent reclusiveness to give interviews in which he makes comments about his tattoos and his individualism and a bit of a rebelious attitude and wanting to be doing the new things he does. sorry Sam Palmer did it years ago, as good as you are your not new and wont change thgame the way Palmer did. Plus ever since his interview last season when he claimed he felt he could have the ultimate or perfect year (win every race and title) his form has dropped allbeit injury induced, but hey maybe Gwin thanking god should be a lesson. i'm not a gwin fan iether, or a god fan.

When sam hill gets over himself and reverts back to being mr quiet in the corner i'm sure he will return to his former glory, and then Gee and Minnaar will have their race run.
Are u an fan of anyone? If feeling grumpy have some fruit in the morning, its good for u :)

Anyhoo for Sam, if for some obscure reason u end up on farkin and read this thread, good luck mate.

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
IF he can pull another big comeback at worlds or the last few world cup rounds I think instead of his Val di Sole 2008 run and 07 Champery runs being his trademark rides, he'll become the comeback king haha

wonky1

Likes Bikes

man are you serious, i thought the yanks were harsh but you take the cake. He is a aussie dh hero and you bag him out, TOSSER!!!!!
He prob gets every man and his dog asking him the same old questions race after race, me and you both would get over that. Pull your head out of your arse. PALMER is a legend and HILL will be if he already isnt!!!!!

drivebytrucker

Likes Dirt
man are you serious, i thought the yanks were harsh but you take the cake. He is a aussie dh hero and you bag him out, TOSSER!!!!!
He prob gets every man and his dog asking him the same old questions race after race, me and you both would get over that. Pull your head out of your arse. PALMER is a legend and HILL will be if he already isnt!!!!!
Why would it bother me if he is an Aussie DH legend? im not Australian. and because i have an opinion differing to your that make me a tosser? everyone is allowed their own thoughts you know, so why dont you get your head out. if you read what i wrote correctly you will note that i elude to the fact that he most definately will be a future legend.

wonky1

Likes Bikes
I called you a tosser for bagging him out, you are definately entitled to your opinion as am i. Opinions are like arseholes we all have one!!!!! But you say nothing of him being a legend just that when he is on he is on and some shit about returning to former glory. You not being australian has nothing to do with it my friend, the dude has just had a major downfall and cunts like you like to make yourself feel better by hateing!!!!!
sam palmer???????? more like shaun palmer!!!!

drivebytrucker

Likes Dirt
i have allways had these opinions on hill, didnt wait for him to have a downfall as you put it. sam palmer? i'll give you that one i missed a comma, and that is the first time i think the terms "my friend" and "cunts like you" in the same sentence. oh well what was i thnking, i mean being negative agaist sam hill, did i really not think i wouldnt get a whole heap of shit from from monster hat wearing retards like yourself.

Laughable, pure magic.

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Don't bother Drivebytrucker, I aggree with you 100% but apparently it's "Unaustralian" to dislike him :rolleyes:. I created a sweet shit fight exactly like this one is turning out to be. I respect Sam Hill but I don't think he's the best (far from it) and I prefer alot of other riders but he's quick and Aussie.

I hope the shoulder is only a small thing, Being kicked out of your sport at that level due to injury is the biggest let down ever. I think it's safe to say he won't be the series winner but lets see if he gets over whatever he's doing wrong and turns on the heat in 2012!

andy73

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm gutted about this. I've got a view on sam's recent lack of form. It comes from viewing and listening to sportsmen and women in virtually every other sport. Regardless of the sport you always here athlete's talk about 'match fitness' being different from general fitness. Tennis players, footy players - everyone talks about how you need to practice not only your sport but COMPETING in your sport. I look on DirtMag this morning and there's results the British DH series and there's most of the key UK rider's names - Peat, Bryceland, Brendan etc, the races recently in the US have been raced by Minaar, Needles, Hannah etc and even Brosnan raced Leogang again the week after the World Cup. Sam seems to be only racing the world cup races and I think it's working against him.

This is where Specialized need to step up and protect their investment, particularly during the off season. As Sam said in Revolution, the National Series in Australia is basically an East Coast Series. Specialized need to pay to get him to those races. This crap about our race series not being relevant anywhere else in the world just don't wash anymore, when you see edits from races like the Vic DH Series on PinkBike and Dirt those would give their product plenty of exposure, particularly if Sam's on the top step of the podium. Additionally, it'd mean Sam was able to keep it ticking over through the off season. When I watch the Atherton project and see how hard those guys work or read about Gwin and his regime with Tomac and son, I just think everyone has stepped it up and become so highly competitive in their approach. There's no doubt Sam has the talent - I think he needs to race more and we'll see him back on the top step of the podium.

In the meantime, here's hoping the shoulder heals up well. Hope it's not too long coz he's had some poor luck in the last 12 months.