Santa Cruz Blur TRc Build

Crittski

Likes Dirt
Just swapped frames from a 2010 Blur XCc to a Blur TRc. Chasing a bit more travel, bit slacker front end, and the incremental improvements of a tapered steerer and 15mm thru axle:

Frame - Large SC Blur TRc
Rear shock - Fox RP23
Front shock/fork - 130mm Fox Float 32 Fit RLC
Handlebars - Truvativ Carbon Noir
Stem - Thomson X4 Elite
Headset - Chris King
Grips - ODI Rogue
Saddle - Fizik Gobi
Seatpost - Thomson Elite
Front brake - XTR M985 Trail
Rear brake - XTR M985 Trail
Cranks - XTR Triple
Chain - XTR
Pedals - XTR Trail
Front derailleur - XTR
Rear derailleur - XTR
Front shifter - XTR
Rear shifter - XTR
Cassette - XTR 11-36
Wheelset- American Classic 26" Tubeless
Tyres - Maxxis Ikon Tubeless
Total weight - 11.1kg

Looking forward to the first test ride later today!

Last edited:

Gripo

Eats Squid
Fair to say you'll love the geometry changes over the XCc but it will still feel very familiar.

It's a bike that's capable of more than it's specs indicates.

One of the best!

Last edited:

T.3

Likes Dirt
Absolutely love these things. I have an SC Nickel (very similar geo) and it versatility and outright fun nature put an end to my serial bike upgrading. If I had the coin this would be the only thing that I would upgrade to. I'm sure you will love it and can't wait to here a ride report. Awesome bike.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
very cool.i love the look of the matt paint on the carbon SC's, so slick..i spent the w/e building up my new nomad, im just waiting on a seatpost...very very keen to ride

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Was there a massive weight save going XTR over XT , or was it a case of I'm going to get the best to hell with it . By far this is the Aussie AM bike !

stinkytodamax

Likes Dirt
That could possibly the best all round bike ever.

Nice work on the build mate.

When you get bored try 650b I'm loving it on my Blur XCc but right now I cant see a reason why you'd ever get bored of that setup.

JP

Last edited:

Wisey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm in love...

Current weight? Would love a ride review and any issues with BB height/pedal strikes?