AM Santa Cruz Bronson

mint355

Likes Dirt
But of an update fully stripped the bronson for the Rotorua EWS round slowly been building it back up this week regreasing every thing and installed a BRANDNEW drivetrain. I got about 7,500 kms out of the last xx1 cassette rotating 4 chains on it. Still unsure on what tyres I should be running. Any suggestions?

EMF

Eats Squid
Bronson

But of an update fully stripped the bronson for the Rotorua EWS round slowly been building it back up this week regreasing every thing and installed a BRANDNEW drivetrain. I got about 7,500 kms out of the last xx1 cassette rotating 4 chains on it. Still unsure on what tyres I should be running. Any suggestions?
Front
DHR Minion EXO

Last edited:
Z

Zaf

After watching all those top ten trails, I almost want to run the Ardent/Ikon combo I have on at the moment and take High Roller II's as spares.

mint355

Likes Dirt
That is the local choice of tyres.
Seen a few different combos in the Nz enduro and most people I have spoken to say with the tackiness of the soil just about anything works. Currently I've got new Schwalbe Nobby Nic v2 SnakeSkin PSC in 2.35 on the front and 2.25 on the rear. Will leave them on and I'm going to take some Maxxis Minion DHF/DHR2 if I want extra protection for the EWS. (I don't want a flat touch wood)

mint355

Likes Dirt
So went for a ride on Saturday ended up in Hospital after a stick got embedded in my leg. Being a Mulga branch the doctor decided to cut it open to clean out the wound...... 6 stitches later not where I wanted to be 6 days before flying to NZ for the EWS....

Finished Prepping my bike last night it's pretty. Won't post a pic as it could #breaktheinternet

Z

Zaf

It's amazing beyond belief. I wish I'd bought a Bronson having seen it.

andy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
With the current weather systems hitting North Island, I would be taking Minions.

andy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Raced the 2W in September last year where it rained and even snowed all race. Some of the trails were nearly unrideable. BUT most were still okay.

Z

Zaf

I know WTF I'm from the desert I can't do MUD RACING.....
Channel some Sam Hill. Think he said in an interview "Put Mud tyres on, and race as if it's dry and just hope they hook up."
Apparently out here sets us up well for wet, because the skatey, no grip surface out here gets you used to the bike sliding out. I'm sure it's nothing like it though, and I hope the tracks get a little bit of sun before we get there.

Z

Zaf

LOL.

Yeah, I'm a Yeti fanboy. But if I had owned a Bronson that fit me, I could have seen myself being on board the Santa Cruz bandwagon. I certainly prefer their headtube design.

Dylan77

Likes Bikes
Warranty void on Bronson frame if build yourself?

G'day,

So I've lay-byed a new Bronson frame and went into the bike shop I'm buying it from to discuss build options...and I was told if I build it myself I will void my warranty. I was shocked by this and asked why, and was told it's because distributors want the sellers to build up the frames. When I asked if this applied to cracks and other potential obvious manufacturing faults, I was told the warranty would still be void if I built it myself.

This seems really odd and I would really appreciate any comments about how true this is. Fair enough if I thread the bottom bracket or make other clumsy mistakes, but cracks or geometric faults?

Really bummed me out hearing this

Thanks

fallingwater

Likes Bikes
Run it past Santa Cruz before you believe it

I'd imagine the ACCC would have something to say about that if you had a genuine manufacturing defect with it down the track.
Sounds like the shop trying to ramrod you