AM Santa Cruz Bronson

mint355

Likes Dirt
G'day,

So I've lay-byed a new Bronson frame and went into the bike shop I'm buying it from to discuss build options...and I was told if I build it myself I will void my warranty. I was shocked by this and asked why, and was told it's because distributors want the sellers to build up the frames. When I asked if this applied to cracks and other potential obvious manufacturing faults, I was told the warranty would still be void if I built it myself.

This seems really odd and I would really appreciate any comments about how true this is. Fair enough if I thread the bottom bracket or make other clumsy mistakes, but cracks or geometric faults?

Really bummed me out hearing this

Thanks
What a load of shit. I've built mine up, had a warranty claim and never had a drama. I'd say the shop is trying to take you for a ride.... BTW what shop was this and where abouts do you live? PM me if you like. CheeRS

EMF

Eats Squid
Fine Print check

G'day,

So I've lay-byed a new Bronson frame and went into the bike shop I'm buying it from to discuss build options...and I was told if I build it myself I will void my warranty. I was shocked by this and asked why, and was told it's because distributors want the sellers to build up the frames. When I asked if this applied to cracks and other potential obvious manufacturing faults, I was told the warranty would still be void if I built it myself.

This seems really odd and I would really appreciate any comments about how true this is. Fair enough if I thread the bottom bracket or make other clumsy mistakes, but cracks or geometric faults?

Really bummed me out hearing this

Thanks
As a 2015 Bronson owner,
Thats really disappointing news considering the premium we Now pay for a High-end SC frame set

If the SC Warranty policy does not state in print re: complete build by LBS then it's a BS bluff by the new BS Wholesaler.

Im sure SC USA would not support that ruling by the OZ wholesaler.

Dylan77

Likes Bikes
Thanks....will read the fine print

As a 2015 Bronson owner,
Thats really disappointing news considering the premium we Now pay for a High-end SC frame set

If the SC Warranty policy does not state in print re: complete build by LBS then it's a BS bluff by the new BS Wholesaler.

Im sure SC USA would not support that ruling by the OZ wholesaler.
Yeah, that's what I thought. Think I will pick up my frame and take my business elsewhere. I'll read the fine print in the warranty just to make sure. What next, I will only be allowed to ride certain trails, or no warranty!

cramhobart

Likes Dirt
I was recently told by the local santa cruz dealer that it was my fault that a pivot axle had catastrophically failed,
because I hadn't replaced all the pivot bearings on a 18 month old bike. The bearings concerned were a little notchy, but certainly not seized, and the dealer was happy for me too ride the bike with those bearings for the 10 weeks it took the new aus distributor to supply replacements. I pointed out that on the santa cruz website it says all pivot hardware is guaranteed for life. I was then told that bearings have to be replaced annually, and while santa cruz will pay for the bearings the customer has to pay for shipping and install of the bearing's by a santa cruz dealer, and failure to do so can result in warrantee claims being refused. Luckily in my case it was only a pivot axle.I wish they would mention these "little" details at point of sale.
$3600 for an alloy frame made by giant with a basic fox shock-pffffffffttt.
Speaking as an ex santa cruz owner.

Last edited:

Gripo

Eats Squid
So hows SC Aus post Hamo's care.......sounding like a PIA as expected from a large distro...more $s, more BS now

mint355

Likes Dirt
So hows SC Aus post Hamo's care.......sounding like a PIA as expected from a large distro...more $s, more BS now
I haven't had to deal with them yet other that a set of pivot bearings. Which was fine didn't even wanna see my frame receipt. But from these other guys point of view seems pretty shitty..... How you been John what are you riding these days????