SAR Springs - Anyone used them?

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Been hunting for some decently price quality Ti springs for the new shock. Came across SAR springs being advertised on NSDynamics fcukbook page.
Anyone have any experience with them?

Seem like a neat concept of having 1 spring length, but how would they work out for spring bind etc?

http://www.superalloyracing.com/

teK--

Eats Squid
I notice quite a few racing teams use them. Not to say that means they are good for long term use by non sponsored riders...

Seems that a lot of weight saving comes from using less coil wire/shorter spring but with a steeper pitch.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
I notice quite a few racing teams use them. Not to say that means they are good for long term use by non sponsored riders...

Seems that a lot of weight saving comes from using less coil wire/shorter spring but with a steeper pitch.
Yeah seems that way.
They claim less fatigue than a Ti spring, with pretty good accuracy (+/- 1.5%).
Would love to hear some real world experience, ie not when someone is getting them for free and a new one every ride.

Z

Zaf

Yeah seems that way.
They claim less fatigue than a Ti spring, with pretty good accuracy (+/- 1.5%).
Would love to hear some real world experience, ie not when someone is getting them for free and a new one every ride.
Aluminium alloy, with better fatigue resistance than Titanium Alloy.
What techno-wizardry is this?!!

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
On a similar note has anyone seen springs like this available for 10.5x3.5 shocks? They all seem to top out at 9.5x3.

will2

Likes Dirt
Also wondering this. As I have gone coil on the AM bike.

The company was started by Dave Garland, Danny Harts mechanic.
Pretty sure they would be the go.
Similar thing to was Fox are doing now.

Delazy

Got a new bike!
have been speaking with them abit the past 2 months...the psp spring kit for the pike has me rather curious and interested in giving it a go...

would likely run the SAR spring on my coil also if the fork kit worked out mint

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The art of bump control, amongst other sh1t in that psp spiel. The marketing wheel goes around, and around.

a-line

Likes Dirt
I've been running one of their springs on my Demo for about 5 months now. Couldn't recommend them highly enough. Super easy company to deal with - it's run by Dave & Mischa Garland. Dave is also the founder of Stendec, which has been a big player in the UK suspension scene for a number of years, so he knows more about how a bike works than most. Back to the product... It arrived in the mail in 4 days. Weight wise it's only 17g heavier than an RCS Ti spring of the same lbs. The only reason I couldn't use my RCS, was it doesn't fit on the new Fox DHX2 (wont clear the canister). Fits perfectly with no spring rub on the body. Finish is a dark gunmetal black colour with a sparkle look. Theres 2 spring length options depending on your shock size & it'll choose the POM spacer based on what brand shock you have. Very happy customer :)

Attachments

Last edited: