save hush bmx trails! [A.C.T]

DANCLOSH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Righto, here's the dealeo. After 3 and a half years of extremely hard work our much loved creative outlet, Hush trails, is being threatened to be dozed because of a misguided complaint that did actually not have anything to do with our trails. Instead it was some complete douchebag/s who dumped a truckload of rubbish right near some nearby infant and abandoned trails. Needless to say we are absolutely spewing that our well kept, landscaped pieces of art are now under threat.

So basically we're asking for your help and support to sign the petition to help stop yet another spot getting dozed. Maybe by you guys and girls signing this it could be the start of stopping trails getting dozed the world over.

We're not asking you to come round and have a look (the place is swarming with rangers), as the best way to truely experience trails is to get building yourself. But if you are looking to truely help a few fellow bmxers into keeping a spot that has become their lives, and even helped one of them open a BMX store, then get on this right now and tell all your friends to tell their friends and sign it right away. Remember, we did say it was under threat, so if you don't sign today, they could be gone tomorrow.

No foul language on the comments please, it won't help.

http://www.petitiononline.com/bmxhush/petition.html

- Rhysty, Bentley & Tyson

Save Hush!​

from http://backbonebmx.com.au/savehush.htm
Sign it, these trails are amazing!

B1KR BOI

Likes Dirt
Amazing!!! :eek: Absolutely mint! Well done they look smooth as, what i would do to ride those :D Good luck and hope they dont get dozed, would be a great shame :(

Greg

FR Drew

Not a custom title.
Oh for bollocks sake! This is the third "save hush" thread on Farkin at the same time. This is freaking ridiculous.

I would request that you trot across to the trailbuilding forum (where folks on Farkin discuss trailbuilding and advocacy) and add your bit to the discussion there if you have something constructive to say.

http://forums.farkin.net/showthread.php?p=1185195

BTW, I added my bit to the petition at 287.

Cheers,

Drew

FR Drew

Not a custom title.
Yay for you, you win by 3 hours compared to the thread in the trails section. Congratulations, you officially have ownership of the first clone thread on the topic given that the post in Farkin General by j-ack was put up the day before yours. What's your point? I wasn't making a judgement on who got their thread up first, I was talking about useful content and I think that if you're looking for an informed discussion from people interested in advocacy and saving trails that you may get more useful response over in Trailbuilding.

Last edited:

Antho188

Likes Dirt
Yay for you, you win by 3 hours compared to the thread in the trails section. Congratulations, you officially have ownership of the first clone thread on the topic given that the post in Farkin General by j-ack was put up the day before yours. What's your point? I wasn't making a judgement on who got their thread up first, I was talking about useful content and I think that if you're looking for an informed discussion from people interested in advocacy and saving trails that you may get more useful response over in Trailbuilding.

who really cares?? the more its posted, more people will read it, and more people will sign?? not everyone goes through all topic in the forums

so stop complaining you to. over the last few days the petition has risen 200 signatures, so were doing something right for Rhysty and the boys!

Signed 524,

FR Drew

Not a custom title.
As a general rule they try and avoid parallel threads on exactly the same topic if possible.
I know people don't go to all sections chasing threads, that's why I posted a link for you to make finding it easier.

At the moment there are 3 separate threads about Hush going, and if you want to stay on top of what's being said then you need to keep scanning across all three, or repeating yourself so as to get the message across to the people who aren't scanning across all three, which is a pain in the arse.

Yes, it's great that word is getting around. I hope they're saved. They're absolutely awesome and the photos don't do them justice.

I wasn't trying to piss in anyone's pool. The discussion over in the trails forum has raised some interesting issues with regard to territory/ownership, access, what might happen in the future... If you folks don't want to be involved in that chat, fine, I was merely letting people know that it might be a better place to discuss it and all I got in response was "I was here first."

Last edited:

FR Drew

Not a custom title.
There's no pre set number, in fact, there's no guarantee that ACT Parks will heed the petition at all. Canberra more than any other city I know of is very driven by rules. If the management plan says no dirt jumps, there's very few pen pushers who will think outside the box far enough to allow them to stay.

Without knowing where in the food chain the directive to flatten Hush has come from, it's really hard to know what hope of success Rhys has.

Get someone at grass roots making the call and he's in with a good chance. Get someone up the top of the tree sticking fast to his Yaralumla management plan and with his cranky pants on in relation to cyclists and you're pretty much screwed.

It depends a lot on where in Australia you are and what level of government you're dealing with.

Last edited:

RampRider7

Likes Dirt
thats what i was wondering because my friend has jumps that he wanted to keep and i asked if he could get a petition but i dont think the council would of cared if he got a thousand signitures.