VIC Scored a bargain, what do I do with what I don't want? (sold)

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
So I was just doing my usual gumtree scan this morning, and happened upon a local that was offloading a giant glory 8. It was ludicrous cheap, so I gave him a few bucks more so I could feel a little better about ripping him off . Condition is pretty good despite having spent the last 5 years under his house with his dogs, it can definitely be resurrected. And I'm sure that smell will come off after a couple more washes...

Aaaanyway, I pretty much only want to keep the totem forks it came with since regretting letting go of the ones I was previously hoarding. The rest I don't think I have any need for so I was thinking to do one of a few things:

* Sell it dirt cheap, preferably to some young punk that'll finish it and abuse it in the way it deserves to be abused

* Chase up a set of replacement forks on the cheap and donate it to a club like youies or Ballarat that could use it to loan out to people wanting to dabble with dh (would they even take it?)

* Chase up a set of forks on the cheap and put it out into the world as Barry the burner bike MK2 (would it get used? Barry 1 has been a bit of a fizzer)

* Be a Scrooge and keep it for no reason. Maybe paint it Matt Black and give it a bit of a post apocalyptic vibe because I'm bored.

Anyone want to weigh in on this? Have some forks? Know someone that's looking for a solid little FR bike? Have half a can of Supercheap auto Matt Black paint sitting around?

Template... Yeah, still need one of these
Item: 2008ish giant glory 8, 16.5". Frame+most of the rest of it
Item Condition: pretty good, aside from the dog hair
Reason for selling: can't ride the bikes I like, let alone extras like this
Price and price conditions: cheap. if you really want it take a punt, if it's too high you'll get knocked back
I'll also knock it back if the targin kicks in and the charitable ideas start feeling right (wheres the peace symbol emoji?)
Extra Info: minus forks and stem, everything pictured. Code brakes need attention but grab super hard despite the spongey feel. shock bounces like a shock should. wheels spin, haven't checked how true they are yet. haven't tried shifting gears as it was all gummed up with dog hair when I picked it up and forgot after cleaning it.
Pictures:

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

safreek

Bet the bastard who bought your previous totem hasn't even fitted them to a bike yet. What a prick

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
So I was just doing my usual gumtree scan this morning, and happened upon a local that was offloading a giant glory 8. It was ludicrous cheap, so I gave him a few bucks more so I could feel a little better about ripping him off .
[/QUOTE

probably stolen & you gave the thief more than he was asking...who ripped who off?

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
I reckon that's my old bike...

Edit: maybe not, forgot it had white Totems.

Last edited:

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Crossed my mind, but I don't think so. Older gent, rides sedately now, moving house, absolutely no alarm bells. also gave me a road bike for free (which I'm donating to a mate).

NoFilter

Likes Dirt
Option 2, who has a fork?
I have a totem, 180mm travel, raw colour, air sprung, straight 1 1/8th steerer. Ridden for about 6 months after being purchased as NOS. Has sat around for about 4 years now so might need a service. I've also got a Lyric 170mm travel with a 1.5" steerer thats in good shape.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I have a totem, 180mm travel, raw colour, air sprung, straight 1 1/8th steerer. Ridden for about 6 months after being purchased as NOS. Has sat around for about 4 years now so might need a service. I've also got a Lyric 170mm travel with a 1.5" steerer thats in good shape.
unicorns!

Don't talk of these things so loudly in here, you'll get mobbed!

moorey

call me Mia
I loaned a young fella a bike for KOB this weekend. His POS dad bought him doesn’t have a working part left.
Tried to talk dad into buying something old and solid that at least won’t die, but didn’t get far. With some cheap forks and a few tweaks, this might get him rolling.
Let me know what it owes you @Plankosaurus
Assuming no better home is on the cards.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I loaned a young fella a bike for KOB this weekend. His POS dad bought him doesn’t have a working part left.
Tried to talk dad into buying something old and solid that at least won’t die, but didn’t get far. With some cheap forks and a few tweaks, this might get him rolling.
Let me know what it owes you @Plankosaurus
Assuming no better home is on the cards.
Perfect

Would be ace to see it go somewhere it'll be appreciated

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Remember where the buyer lived? Did he have an accent?

Had some purple grips on it, sticky and falling apart, but purple

No idea, they came to me. Was purchased for a young bloke, about 15 or 16. Sold it maybe 5 years ago for $900 from memory.