Scott 24 08

Neon

Likes Dirt
I couldnt find i thread about this, but if there is, feel free to delete this one.
So what kind of advice would someone offer to a noob going in it for the first time?

morgs

morgs
I couldnt find i thread about this, but if there is, feel free to delete this one.
So what kind of advice would someone offer to a noob going in it for the first time?
How old? What category, solo, team? Done any enduro's before?

Have fun, first and foremost. Bring a variety of food and drink, just a single flavour or food type gets tiresome after a while. Bring earplugs and a warm sleeping bag. A chain cleaner is a good idea. Be aware of riders around you, thank riders who pull over for you and don't deliberately hold up others.

Just enjoy it and don't take it too seriously.

Neon

Likes Dirt
yeh im in the schools category... and ive done some of the other corc races, but no 24 hours...

Lanky Love

Likes Dirt
I did schools in a team of 3 last year, and can suggest that no one does it, it was hard. my advice:1 is use good lights with the prioraty on year head and if you have a second put that on your bars, 2 bring two pairs of shorts to ride in, one pair is increadibly uncomfortable for 24 hours, 3 plan the race well, have an estimate of what lap times people will do so you know when to expect people in, 4 eat food that you can eat for a long time without getting sick, gels can make you feel horible after a while.

look foraward to raceing you in a few weeks.

Some Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
good lights with the prioraty on year head and if you have a second put that on your bars, 2 bring two pairs of shorts to ride in, one pair is increadibly uncomfortable for 24 hours
Holy shit, you raced in a three man with just one pair of shorts? That's a bit wrong.