Scott 24 Hr 2012

StanTheMan

Likes Dirt
I can only see some videos. I asked a friend to log into facebook for me so I could check out the maps. To the untrained eye it looks like its the same course as last year. Or very very similar.

last year, the guns would do the red lap in less than 35min. first 20 min are a climb uphill. but sooooo worth it on the way back down.
slightly above avarage would do it in 40min. avarage would be somewhere around 45 min.

Blue lap.....about 10 min more than red for the avarage person.

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
Scott Info

The Scott Website has been updated with recent info. There is an album here which contains some high-res maps and village plans. You can download these (but some are big - be warned).

Some notes:

. The road to Stromlo from the south has changed a little bit with the new suburb work being done. This is shown on the road map in that album.

. The course this year takes a different route to and from the mountain, so there is much less of the event camping which is "inside" the course. This means you will be able to get in/out easier. But - there are still some camping areas inside the course, and if you're there, you're there until 1500 Sunday.

Entry lists as of an hour ago attached. If you are one of those many TBA's - please email me with your details ...

View attachment Scott_2012_Riders_by_Name_v1.pdf
View attachment Scott_2012_Riders_by_Number_v1.pdf
View attachment Scott_2012_Category_Entries_v1.pdf
View attachment Scott_2012_Category_On_Track_Summary_v1.pdf

Last edited:

quiggs

Likes Dirt
This is going to be a great watch from the computer, English, Chancellor, Mc Donald, Page, Wallace, Hall. It will be rudely quick.

Could the magical 500km in 24hrs be broken??

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
This is going to be a great watch from the computer, English, Chancellor, Mc Donald, Page, Wallace, Hall. It will be rudely quick.

Could the magical 500km in 24hrs be broken??
Mate if you were there racing, you would be hitting 600km ;-)

mcdoned

Likes Dirt
Not to mention Tour Divide record holder Ollie Whalley racing SS. I am very curious to see how that unfolds. It's a great SS course, I'm also tempted to crack out the singlespeed. It's there in the pits as no. 2.... hmmmm

Don't think the 500km mark will get broken at Stromlo :)

Higuys

Cannon Fodder
2012 Scott 24hr - Selling Entry for 4 Person Team

Greetings...

My 4 person team for this year's Scott 24hr has fallen to pieces so I'd like to sell the entry. Discount offered so we can work out a deal... Please contact me if your interested.

Cheers,

Lindsay
lindsay.munks@gmail.com

mtb_ts

Likes Bikes
I'm interested if anyone's got a spot in a car going on Friday or even Thursday. I'm intending to join its volunteers, so I'll be part of the stuff that makes it happen. Can go from anywhere in or around Sydney.

haych.mtb

Cannon Fodder
Scott Course Profile

Where 2 days out. Surely someone has a garmin of strava plot of the course with a profile by now.

Knopey

Likes Dirt
Well yeah, but the course map posted above pretty much covers it as far as the map goes (roughly). Not the profile though.

Here's my GPS's take on the Red and Blue lap profiles
Red lap:
RedLapProfile.jpg
Blue lap:
BlueLapProfile.jpg

NullaTroy

Likes Bikes
Conditions Update

Anyone already down there -- what's the conditions like ?? Says Cold and maybe a little rain Saturday night....but I never trust the weather reports of the internet.

Jaybies_Can_Crash

Likes Dirt
Conditions

Has anyone who's been out setting up so far seen how the trails are taking this rain? 33 mm so far, and 3-6 mm tomorrow, I want to know if the spikes should be going on (tubeless is good until you have to change them in the rain in a campsite)!

Cheers

StanTheMan

Likes Dirt
If its any consolation. Last years run up to the race was very wet. It rained on the Friday the ground we camped on was firm but muddy.
The track itself wasn't too bad. There was only a few dodgy spots.

Although there was this massive puddle just before you hit the tarmac before hitting transition, people waiting in transition thought ...... Ohhh shite it's a bloody mud bath out there.

Stan's bus rant's since 2011. Now on 4S

I had a walk around some of the flatter bits if the track this afternoon. Unlike last year when the ground still felt firm under foot, this afternoon the ground was soft and mud 2-3 inches deep and in many places. Small rivers running down the track in other places.

frensham

Likes Dirt
Has anyone who's been out setting up so far seen how the trails are taking this rain? 33 mm so far, and 3-6 mm tomorrow, I want to know if the spikes should be going on (tubeless is good until you have to change them in the rain in a campsite)!

Cheers
There ain't no disguising it. It's bloody wet! I put the Nobby Nic on the front today. The rear goes on tomorrow. The dirt road into the 4s and 6s camp site was a quagmire 5 mins after the gate opened. If the forecast is correct, rain should ease in the morning and clear to isolated showers by afternoon. There is a chance of a shower in the evening on Sat. Problem is the temp is so bloody low the track won't have much time to dry off! 16 deg Fri, 17 deg Sat with a severe frost predicted Sunday morning. Bring the warm clothes. Bring the mud guards. Bring a sense of humour....

crash bandicoot

Likes Dirt
hmmm....60 mm of rain in the last 2 days with more forecast for today. Going to need more than studded tyres as parts of the course are already unridable. Decision time, trash my bike and body by riding or stay warm ang dry at home?

crash bandicoot

Likes Dirt
If its any consolation. Last years run up to the race was very wet. It rained on the Friday the ground we camped on was firm but muddy.
The track itself wasn't too bad. There was only a few dodgy spots.

Although there was this massive puddle just before you hit the tarmac before hitting transition, people waiting in transition thought ...... Ohhh shite it's a bloody mud bath out there.

Stan's bus rant's since 2011. Now on 4S
last year in the days leading up to the scott about 10mm of rain fell, this year so far 57mm, good for the garden but not for mtb racing.