Scott Australian 24Hr MTB Championships

williamsaztek

Likes Bikes
For me there were three big winners on the weekend
1. CORC - great event, very well staged
2. All solo riders - much respect
3. The guys with the dutch pancake wagon who have today entered the BRW top 100 rich list.

Now, time for another coughing fit.

*Turtle*

Likes Bikes
I have 15 hours of footage from the race (that only allowed me to have 4 or so hours of sleep over 3 days) to sort through and edit, so might take me a few days!

oh, and of course thanks to all the volunteers!
Hey Demo man,

Are you planning to put together a highlights dvd? I would be interesting in a copy if you were?

I agree, the volunteers rocked!

jean5614

Likes Dirt
first lap

The first lap as actually 14kms, confirmed on several solo bike computers. Willo did a great ride. Neil Dahl nearly 50 now and in the 40+ category, did 18 laps, I find that amazing. Dylan Cooper is just so fast. Womens 40+ winner Ros Edmonds (excuse me) 56 years young, hmmm maybe time for another category. The womens winner would have placed in the open men, tremendous.
A great race, well organized as usual. Thanks to all involved for a great race. Russ Baker gets all the results up so quickly, fantastic. Anthony Burton is such a good pr bloke, and they got in a good team with APIS to see this ever expanding event run like silk. Paul Cole set a great track, (does he ever set a bad one anywhere). Well done to everyone who rode or helped, including all those scouts who were giving encouragment, and sorting things out, wonderful

Last edited:

murrum

Banned
Yeah kudos to all involved in making it happen - except for some of the race commentators at the transition...jeez a couple of them carry on.

When a commentator asks a solo single speeder "why" and gets a reply along the lines of "simple and straightforward" then said commentator launches straight into a spiel along the lines of "well you should be using all shimano xtr, I do and it is so simple an straightorwar...yadayadayada" leaving the single speeded standing there mouth agape... There is a time and a place for blatant product placement..and it definitely isnt 100% of the time...

McBain

Likes Bikes and Dirt
When a commentator asks a solo single speeder "why" and gets a reply along the lines of "simple and straightforward" then said commentator launches straight into a spiel along the lines of "well you should be using all shimano xtr, I do
Which of the commentators was that, and when?

projectsplat

The film guy
just woke-up after my catch-up 8pm-10am sleep. 18 hours of sleep - fark yeah!

I have 15 hours of footage from the race (that only allowed me to have 4 or so hours of sleep over 3 days) to sort through and edit, so might take me a few days!
i am just watching our helmet cam footage now. if there is anything worthwhile there, I will let you know.

cheers

al

DaGonz

Eats Squid
...the very fastest guys say straight up that the race is all about the solo riders.
...Was probably the stupidest thing I've ever done and I'm already looking forward to next year, though it'd be nice if I could feel my ass.

Cheers
Gonz - more sleep would also be good

mtb1611

Seymour
Great event, very well run. The course was great but the dust was unbelieveable! We managed 38th in the 6 man category, not too bad for a bucn of old turds (average age of team was 38!). The only thing that sucked was the "gift" at the finish line, that shithouse chaff-bag rubbish, that was a bloody insult! Rider courtesy and etiquette was awesome too, kudos to everyone who moved over for me!

Mr Pants

skanky media ho
Which of the commentators was that, and when?
The really noisy one at the start who works for COMA FM. I was waiting for him to give away "Icy Cold Cans of Coooooooooke!"

If only the SS comment was the worst of it.....:rolleyes:

Pants
Who's never one to bitch....:cool:

TwoDogs

Likes Dirt
Had a blast but next year I'm not going to be staying over at the campsite. Insomnia and generators do not make good bedfellows.
gotta agree on the generators coment. We camped a long way from the Event Centre specifically to avoid the noise (there was no escaping the dust for a good 5km radius). A team nearby had a small, relatively quiet generator going all night saturday which meant no sleep for me.

projectsplat

The film guy
The really noisy one at the start who works for COMA FM. I was waiting for him to give away "Icy Cold Cans of Coooooooooke!"

If only the SS comment was the worst of it.....:rolleyes:

Pants
Who's never one to bitch....:cool:
oh, you mean the one that had to take off because he "had to catch a flight to Hong Kong"... I swear that he mentioned that about 15 times in the last 45 minutes he was there.

Last edited:

Bodin

GMBC
Any of you chaps pass me out there on the trail in my pink satin skirt, pink socks and the Princess headgear?

Only got 3 laps in this year, one near midnight, one around 6:30am and the "Glory Lap" at end of race.
Yeah, I saw ya running off at the start of your glory lap. Congratulations on putting your money where your mouth is and actually wearing that get up on your bike. :cool:

We (Borsari Cycles) got 15th in the Male 3's, due to a slight mix up that saw all three of us sleep for 4 hours at the same time. That wasn't the plan... :eek: Oh well, we didn't completely embarrass ourselves and were still riding competitively to the end. Probably cuz we'd had more sleep than most... :rolleyes:

I also want to congratulate our solo rider, Karri, on churning out an impressive 12 solo laps. Huge effort, considering we don't let him out of the back of the shop much for training. Too many bloody bikes to fix. Who'd be a mechanic?

Hoping to find a female rider to help us make a mixed 4 next year. If there are any women out there looking for support from a good Melbourne shop, drop me a PM or email so we can start planning the assault sooner than later. We're actually going to train for next year's race, so let's see how we go...

Like everyone else has said, congratulations to the event organisers and supporters. I had an absolute blast and will be doing every thing I can to make sure I'm free at the same time next year.

Last edited:

Dreggsy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ouch!!!

I had a ball,
i was going solo, and that was the roughest course i have raced on.
bump and ruts everywhere, i feel sorry for the guys on hardtails,
I only managed 11 laps (i thought i had done 12) as it was a total pain in the ass to see at night due to the dust,
i was using a HID which just lit up the dust even more,
at the end of my 2nd night lap i had managed to pull the sole off my shoe which made for a very rubbery feeling pedal stroke, had a sleep and taped up my shoe with some gaffa tape, which worked well to some extent,

Well done to a very weary/tired DaGonz.

Got up at 7am and punched out another 4 fun/slow/social with an outboard stereo.
will i do it again??? hell yeah
bring on stromlo!!!!!!!!!!!
well done to everyone who had a go or supported

prklcd

Likes Dirt
Good to see the food prices and MTB spare parts at 'normal' prices. I forgot to bring spare tubes and being my first mont/scott I thought I would get kicked in the nuts :D

Alo Great to see how much support I got during the last few hours ( I was solo ) from everyone on the track - even the top teams (eg flight centre ) always made sure I was ready before they pasted me on single track when I was tacking it pretty slow cause I was feeling it.

Back onto this trolley idea - anyone got some plans? or a good place to buy a chap one?:eek:

Karlos

Squid
Dreggsy -Got up at 7am and punched out another 4 fun/slow/social with an outboard stereo
I passed someone with a radio on the sunday morning and though i was hearing things for a bit :D

demo man

Used to be cool.
Good to see the food prices and MTB spare parts at 'normal' prices. I forgot to bring spare tubes and being my first mont/scott I thought I would get kicked in the nuts :D

Alo Great to see how much support I got during the last few hours ( I was solo ) from everyone on the track - even the top teams (eg flight centre ) always made sure I was ready before they pasted me on single track when I was tacking it pretty slow cause I was feeling it.

Back onto this trolley idea - anyone got some plans? or a good place to buy a chap one?:eek:
I think i heard you mopre than once!

Made me smile everytime.

Goocharlton

Likes Dirt
I passed someone with a radio on the sunday morning and though i was hearing things for a bit :D
Same, I had the privelage:rolleyes: of passing him twice on the last lap, passed him, got and puncture, he passed me, then passed him again. It was quite a heart warmer over that last cruel lap

*Turtle*

Likes Bikes
Does anyone know what the type of injuries riders sustained? :(

I saw an ambulance and I saw a couple people with arms in slings.