Scott shoes - complete sole separation

Don't expect sympathy. Expect this to show up when riders visit rotorburn or google Scott. More than sufficient compensation.

Perhaps that will have them not cheap out on glue for shoes and/or start respecting customers.

And I have bought quite a bit od apparel from Scott, helmets, gloves and even a few bikes. My money won't be going to improvements to their urethane glue.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Don't expect sympathy. Expect this to show up when riders visit rotorburn or google Scott. More than sufficient compensation.

Perhaps that will have them not cheap out on glue for shoes and/or start respecting customers.

And I have bought quite a bit od apparel from Scott, helmets, gloves and even a few bikes. My money won't be going to improvements to their urethane glue.
I had a pair of Hard Yakka boots I used for working around the house, I also had a new pair in a box up on a shelf in my walk in robe. After about 5yrs, I thought, time to get the newies down.

Put them on and walked through the house, missus said what's that white stuff ? The grey soles were disintegrating as I walked through the house, literally powder, they cracked and were wearing like chalk as I walked, the whole soles fell off and were fucked in 30 seconds. They were younger than the ones I was wearing.

Use it or lose it is a true saying.

ozzybmx

Trick is, nowhere on the box does it say use it or use it, and not all shoes lose it.
100%, tell that the the 1000's of expensive Air Jordan buyers who have crumbling shoes... they need to be treated like bottles of wine, constant temp, moisture or use.

By the time you know they are fucked, warranty is non existent.

Well, perhaps I am off and this is common knowledge, although I've been using SPD since 1993 and went through many pairs in the process with no fail.

Sworks BG also were in a box for 3y, and Sphyre XC7 for 2.5h, both haven't died.

ozzybmx

Well, perhaps I am off and this is common knowledge, although I've been using SPD since 1993 and went through many pairs in the process with no fail.

Sworks BG also were in a box for 3y, and Sphyre XC7 for 2.5h, both haven't died.
I have 10yr old MTB shoes down in the shoe drawer that could be worn again tomorrow. I agree that your gripe is real but you cant argue it 5-6yrs later.

Put it down to experience and dont buy Scott again. Some here have had a 3 month old frame rejected, big difference in a $3000 purchase to $200.

Well made shoes are good, time will tell.

I sent my son away on a school camp in the most awesome North Face Boa hiking boots, he arrived home with one of the boots wrapped with duct tape, the glue had separated and the sole fell off. These were well worn but had sat for 2-3 yrs before he fitted them.

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
North Face Boa hiking boots
The North Face is a fashion brand anyway.

I had some pretty sweet outdoor shoes I found in an op-shop. Mint condition, in my size. Unfortunately the toe area of the sole separated from the upper as I was gallivanting around Japan. I had to tie a plastic bag around it to prevent the Hungry Hungry Hippos until I could glue it back together.
Unfortunately, that just buys you some time. Once disintegration's begun it will just break apart at a different point.

Totally agree that it's shit that this breakdown isn't well publicized and you tend to find out about it once it happens to you. Also hard to tell if a brand's just cheaped out or if faster breaking down's a result of optimising for other performance.

ozzybmx

The North Face is a fashion brand anyway.
Didnt use to be ole hipster mate, been wearing North Face shit for 20yrs until you's hippy chunts fucked it up, not that I'm worried, I picked up a new blue NF Puffa for $100, seems like its out of fashion for ye hipster wankers. $100 for me to burn that chunt on a campfire is pretty good... used to cost me $400.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I had a pair of Blundstone steel cap shoes I kept in the box at work for the odd occasion I had to go down to the warehouse.
Hadn't used them for a couple of years over covid. Got them out recently, put them on and walked a few steps. Bloody soles had turned to goo and left a sticky black trail on the carpet each step lol.