Scott TwinLoc, gimmick or effective?

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Hi all, I'm looking at upgrading my bike in the next year and I went to look at the Scott range.

Particularly the Genius 750, it has a system on the left that allows you to set different settings for terrain type etc.

Is this a gimmick or genuinely effective?

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Had one on my Spark 930. Loved it. Went from 100mm - 85mm to lock out.
The function was easy and smooth.

The only issue now is handlebar clutter with a dropper post. Even running 1x it still looks and must feel busy.

NeoNasty

Likes Dirt
I have a scott Scale 950 Hardtail and it works well. Front fork goes from 100mm - stiffer 100mm - lockout. Its not 100% locked out but close enough that it feels like a solid fork.

I imagine it would work very well for a dualy. I love the way it functions but the bars get VERY cluttered. Look at the Genius 710LT for instance.

kwikee

Likes Dirt
Got it on my Genius 720, works great. Easy to use, easy to adjust, just switches CTD positions as per the usual lever in the fork and shock, just simultaneously.
I use it a lot, because it's so easy.
Downsides? It needs adjustment every now and then to keep position, and it won't work with many other forks/shocks if you choose to change. I changed the Fox 32 to 34's and the whole CTD lever is compatible between, but I think that's about it.
Cable clutter is chronic. Throw in a dropper post and there is no less than 7 outers running off your bars with a the stock 3x10 set up.
It's pretty big, and it can be difficult to get everything comfortable, especially the dropper button.
I like it and continued with a Fox CTD fork so I could keep it.

Last edited:

99_FGT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I thought the genius part of the genius was the shock stroke shortened in the lower setting making the geometry more suited to climbing.

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have it on my spark 710, I can't really tell too much difference on the fork between full open and semi open, but locked out is differnet, but as someone above sauid it need continual adjustment at the moment it doesn't lock out too well, jsut twiddle the adjuster.
The rear works pretty well, I don't notice too much when climbing going from full to semi open, but when decending you really notice when you flick the switch and go to the full postition, there is all of a sudden an extra 2 inch of travel and its much softer.