Scott Voltage Fr .Vs. Norco Shore

which bike should i get???

• Total voters

J3$$3

Likes Dirt
hey guys,
im gettin into freeride and what not, looking at two bikes at the moment
im tossing up between the Scott Voltage Fr 10/20/30 and the Norco Shore 2...
im just wondering what everyone thinks of each one, and what you think i should get???

Jaydawgz

Likes Dirt
Voltage is the way to go mate.
Just have a look at all the professional videos with them.
My mate got a Fr 30 and another one is getting the FR10 as soon as his dad lets him.
Also, the Scotts are really cheap at the moment, which I think is due to them being bought out.

Hi my friend has a 09 Norco shore 2 and he loves it to bits and my other friend has a Scott Voltage Fr 30 on laybuy and he said it is really good.
So what model were you thinking about on the norco? If it is the 2011 get the Scott in stead.

redfin

Likes Bikes
Hey there.

I had a 2010 Scott FR 20 for a short while and honestly it was the best bike i ever had. Quality is awesome. Really tight bike and poppy to ride on flatter stuff, jumps awesome, it's light and does everything DH almost as good as a full DH bike.

Definately go the Scott.

Cheers

J3$$3

Likes Dirt
yea thanks guys, i am lookin more towards the Scott Voltage, but i just want to know your thoughts on these awesome bikes...

CEZZA

Likes Dirt
One thing on the scott voltage that my mate complains about is that the rear is too light and kicks around to much over things like rock gardens, but this is on a fr 30 which is QR where the fr 20 and 10 has a through axel which would probably make it firmer.

cam-o

Likes Bikes and Dirt
One thing on the scott voltage that my mate complains about is that the rear is too light and kicks around to much over things like rock gardens, but this is on a fr 30 which is QR where the fr 20 and 10 has a through axel which would probably make it firmer.
Surely tweaking the suspension would eliminate that? The back skipping around sounds more like preload and rebound settings are wrong to me than the rear end is too light.

CEZZA

Likes Dirt
Surely tweaking the suspension would eliminate that? The back skipping around sounds more like preload and rebound settings are wrong to me than the rear end is too light.
Nah things are set up pretty well for him sure tweaking would help a bit but also you can flex the rear of the frame where the chain stay is which isn't to do with with the suspension. And also riding this u notice it, if you have ever riden one?

J3$$3

Likes Dirt
thanks for your thoughts guys, keep it up, ill probs end up with a scott voltage though... and im not a big hit fan...